Lambda Pi Eta Honors 24 Majors
Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society at Queens University of Charlotte proudly inducted 24 new members on October 26, 2009. The honorees were celebrated during a reception and induction ceremony in the Claudia Belk Dining Room on the Queens campus. The event was attended by the honorees and their invited guests, including many family members. Dean Van King, Hayworht College Dean Krista Tillman, Dr. Daina Nathaniel, Dr. Leanne Pupcheck, Sonja Stetzler, and Dr. John McArthur represented the university and the School of Communication. Chapter officers Danielle Manyika, Katherine Johnson, and Barbara Higgins presided over the induction.
During the induction ceremony, Dr. McArthur, the chapter's advisor, remarked, "These 24 students embody the characteristics of well-rounded success and academic achievement in the School of Communication." The inductees, including communication majors from both the undergraduate day and Hayworth programs, were presented with a membership shingle, lapel pin, and honor cords, which can be worn during commencement ceremonies. The 24 honorees were:
- Professor Mohammed el-Nawawy Releases "Egyptian Revolution 2.0"
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Queens University of Charlotte Launches Online Master’s in Communication
- Fall '12 Knight School of Communication Dean's List
- Infinite Possibilities
- Dr. Pupchek presents at IABC
- JODML Launch
- Dr. McArthur conducts faculty development workshops
- Dr. el-Nawawy interviewed on MarketPlace and by Los Angeles Times
- Dr. Freedman awarded competitive research grant