Lambda Pi Eta honors 10 new members
Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society at Queens University of Charlotte proudly inducted ten new members on February 9, 2011. The honorees were celebrated during a reception and induction ceremony in the Claudia Belk Dining Room on the Queens campus. The event was attended by the honorees and their invited guests, including family members. Dean Van King, Dr. Leanne Pupchek, Dr. Daina Nathaniel, Dr. Zachary White, and Dr. John McArthur, represented Knight School of Communication and Dean Krista Tillman, and Kevin Butler represented Hayworth College for Adult Studies. Chapter officers Sara Beth Jones and Vanessa Blackhurst presided over the induction.
The inductees, including communication majors from both the undergraduate day and Hayworth programs, were presented with a membership shingle, lapel pin, and honor cords, which can be worn during commencement ceremonies. The ten honorees were:
- Taylor Davis
- Blair Franco
- Allison Gaskin
- Elizabeth Heffner
- Ariel Hooper
- Brittani Hunter
- Dwight Lewis
- Preston Newlin
- Erika Plaza
- Ashley Winters
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking
- Father and Son Contribute to Queens' Basketball Success