MFA in Creative Writing faculty to give readings
The low-residency MFA program in creative writing at Queens University of Charlotte is pleased to announce faculty readings planned for January. The readings kick off the program's 10th anniversary celebration.
This semester's event series features a reading by the program director and co-founder of the MFA program, Fred Leebron. The author of three novels - "Out West," "Six Figures" and "In the Middle of All This" - and of many stories and essays, Leebron is a recipient of many literary honors, including a Pushcart Prize, a Michener Award, a Stegner Fellowship, and an O. Henry Award. Of his third novel, "In the Middle of All This," Elizabeth Strout, the winner of the 2009 Pulitzer Prize in fiction, has said, "Written with remarkable clarity and honesty, this book is a poignant love song that celebrates the fears and difficulties of a family facing the potential vastness of loss. Bravely, unsparingly, Fred Leebron has placed with exquisite perfection, the small details of domestic life up against the large incomprehensibility of our mortality."
For more information about these upcoming faculty readings:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013
- New Online Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Inaugural MS in Executive Coaching Class Graduates
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Spring MSOD Capstone Presentations
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- 2013 Commencement Speakers Each Have Made a Difference