MFA in Creative Writing faculty to give readings
The low-residency MFA program in creative writing at Queens University of Charlotte is pleased to announce faculty readings planned for January. The readings kick off the program's 10th anniversary celebration.
This semester's event series features a reading by the program director and co-founder of the MFA program, Fred Leebron. The author of three novels - "Out West," "Six Figures" and "In the Middle of All This" - and of many stories and essays, Leebron is a recipient of many literary honors, including a Pushcart Prize, a Michener Award, a Stegner Fellowship, and an O. Henry Award. Of his third novel, "In the Middle of All This," Elizabeth Strout, the winner of the 2009 Pulitzer Prize in fiction, has said, "Written with remarkable clarity and honesty, this book is a poignant love song that celebrates the fears and difficulties of a family facing the potential vastness of loss. Bravely, unsparingly, Fred Leebron has placed with exquisite perfection, the small details of domestic life up against the large incomprehensibility of our mortality."
For more information about these upcoming faculty readings:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm