Event InformationBack to Event Listings
This annual event hosted by the McColl School Alumni Association will feature a panel of Charlotte-area recruiting and hiring professionals speaking about career-building insight and job tips; understanding what companies are looking for, where they look and how to catch their eye; and identifying ways to enhance one's marketability. Please join us for this informative and timely event. Check-in begins at 6pm, followed by the panel discussion, a small break-out session and then cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. See details on the panel and format below.
Panelists include (click on the links to read full bios):
- Michael Arena, Ph.D., director of the McColl School's Master of Science in Organization Development (MSOD) program and assistant professor behavioral sciences; principal of InnoConnects
- Mike Manning, CFO, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
- Pamela Geer, PMP, Consulting Manager at Accenture; speaker, author, coach
- Allan Bacon, founder of Avocationist.com
Recruiters will also be available to speak one-to-one with attendees during the break-out session and cocktail reception:
- Dalya Kutchei, EMBA '00, Retained Search Recruiter and Certified Coach SeaBridge Group, LLC
- Rich Stiener, Senior Recruiter - Wealth Management, Brokerage & Retirement, Wells Fargo
Cost is $10 per person. Use the registration button above to reserve your space today. Questions? Contact Laura Collins: firstname.lastname@example.org, 704 688-2703.
*Each panelist at the Symposium will focus on one area of the Career Services Committee's "Personal Development Model." The four elements are: SELF (a focus on developing your own personal network and connections with where you want to go); SURROUNDINGS (a focus on understanding the local external environment as it relates to the direction you are pursuing); SKILLS (a focus on the development of your own skill set, both through your own personal development as well as through the coaching of others - mentors, professional coaches, etc.); and STEPS (a focus on wrapping all of these elements together to create your own personal "brand," and understanding what you should do to market yourself).
Join us to learn about the various Bachelor of Science in Nursing options at Queens. View Event