MSAA Year in Review
The McColl School Alumni Association (MSAA) supports graduates by connecting, engaging and empowering lifelong relationships with fellow alumni, current students, faculty, staff and friends of the McColl School of Business.
We asked current MSAA Board Chair Bryan Seaford PMBA '07 to share some of their highlights from the past year; "New connection opportunities abound, from the MSAA Study Breaks to networking opportunities uptown, on campus, and around the region. We've given back through fundraising activities, providing scholarships for the next generation of McColl School students, and fielding the first ever McColl School 24 Hours of Booty cycling team. To grow ourselves, the McColl approach to career management has launched with new material coming online every month."
To say that the alumni association has been busy would be an understatement.
The MSAA has provided extensive opportunities to grow, learn and network through their programs, adding a compliment to McColl School of Business (MSB) programs currently offered to our alumni and friends. Here's a small sample of our development and networking opportunities in '11-'12:
- Industry Affinity Groups
- Career Services Symposium
- Almost Alumni Reception - to welcome the Class of 2012 to the MSAA
- Holiday Reception hosted by President Davies
- MSAA Sponsored Study Breaks for current MSB graduate students
- Billy O. Wireman Golf Tournament
- Cycling Team for 24 Hours of Booty-raising over $14,500 to fight cancer
- Leaders in Action Lecture Series - MSB Program
- Food for Thought Lecture Series - MSB Lunch and Learn sessions
We cannot look back at everything we have accomplished over the last year and without reflecting on the dedicated alumni volunteers that create these programs and connections for us. Our alums serve on the MSAA Board and in various other roles throughout the MSB and Queens community. Current Chair of the McColl School Board of Advisors, Jeff Brown EMBA '03, states that "being able to serve as the chairman of our Board of Advisers is incredibly humbling. A key focus of our board is how we make the McColl experience extend far greater than just your days earning a degree. I have really come to appreciate the benefits of the McColl School network-far more than I could have ever imagined during my days as a student. I've built friendships, personal relationships and even facilitated employment opportunities for fellow graduates. I hope all alumni will take advantage of the many ways the McColl School networks inside our community."
We'd love to see you at future events; or better yet we would love for you to be involved with creating them! Visit our website for a complete listing of events and email email@example.com if you want to learn more about volunteering with the MSAA.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm