Matthew Packey becomes CFO and Chief Administrator at Queens
Packey will oversee business and financial affairs, and help lead strategic growth for the university
Matthew Packey will join Queens University of Charlotte as Chief Financial Officer and Vice President of Administration on June 1, 2010.
He will be responsible for the business and financial affairs of the university, providing leadership and strategic planning. He also will supervise human resources, information systems, risk management, and manage vendors who provide dining and mail services and operate the bookstore.
"As Queens continues to experience incredible growth in enrollment it has become clear that we need strong financial leadership to help with our modeling and strategic planning," said Queens President Pamela L. Davies. "Matthew brings a sophisticated level of financial expertise and a great general business background, along with high energy and integrity to this new position."
Packey comes to Queens from Tree.com (formerly LendingTree), where he had been the senior vice president and chief financial officer since September 2007. He joined LendingTree in 2000, and was chief accounting officer and controller there prior to becoming CFO. Before joining LendingTree, he was vice president and controller of Broadway & Seymour, Inc., and a manager at Deloitte & Touche, LLP. Packey is a certified public accountant and earned a bachelor's degree in accounting at The University of Akron.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships
- Queens Celebrates Leaders at Student Life Awards
- Queens Raises Awareness on Voting, Topics for 2016 Presidential Election
- Alumni Reunion 2016 Welcomes Over 200 Alumni
- Biology Senior Discovers Bacteriophage During Honors Thesis Research
- Queens Announces 2016 Commencement Speakers
- Brand Awakening
- Students 'Rock the Mock' and Gain Invaluable Interview Experience
- Scholars Luncheon Celebrates Donors and the Queens Experience
- Students Raise Over $45,000 for St. Jude Up 'til Dawn