McColl Alumni Win Baylor Case Competition
A group of McColl School graduates - Mike Alexander, PMBA '09; Jud Allen, PMBA '09; Vance Hodges, PMBA '08; Jennifer Frankovich Lovett, PMBA '08; Steve Marinelli, PMBA '09; Darren Smith, PMBA '09; Toni Sikes, MSOD '10; Sarah Burrill Stewart, PMBA '08; Margaret Jane Willoughby, PMBA '08; and Ben Wong, PMBA '09 - took home the first-place prize at the Student Case Research Competition on January 13, 2011, hosted by the Baylor Entrepreneurship Department and the United States Association of Small Business Education (USASBE).
Twenty-six universities from around the world submitted student cases and accompanying instructor's manuals to the competition, and six finalists were selected for the reviewers in the fall of 2010. The six finalist universities were: IBS Hyderabad, IFHE Campus, Andhra Pradesh, India; Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Canada; Queens University of Charlotte, North Carolina; Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama; University of Colorado at Boulder; Wayne State University.
The Queens group won the first-place price for their "U.S. National Whitewater Center" case. The second- and third-place cases were, respectively: "SKS Microfinance: Managing Growth and Continuity of a Social Enterprise," - IBS Hyderabad, India; and "Tendril Networks, Inc.," - University of Colorado at Boulder.
The McColl School of Business and Queens congratulates this group of alumni on outstanding work!
- Queens Recognized as Top Fundraising School for St. Jude's
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Quest for Wonder
- Queens Holds First STEM Camp
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Queens Hosts Under Armour All-America Camp
- Queens to Break Ground on State-of-the-Art Tennis Center
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School