McColl Alumni Win Baylor Case Competition
A group of McColl School graduates - Mike Alexander, PMBA '09; Jud Allen, PMBA '09; Vance Hodges, PMBA '08; Jennifer Frankovich Lovett, PMBA '08; Steve Marinelli, PMBA '09; Darren Smith, PMBA '09; Toni Sikes, MSOD '10; Sarah Burrill Stewart, PMBA '08; Margaret Jane Willoughby, PMBA '08; and Ben Wong, PMBA '09 - took home the first-place prize at the Student Case Research Competition on January 13, 2011, hosted by the Baylor Entrepreneurship Department and the United States Association of Small Business Education (USASBE).
Twenty-six universities from around the world submitted student cases and accompanying instructor's manuals to the competition, and six finalists were selected for the reviewers in the fall of 2010. The six finalist universities were: IBS Hyderabad, IFHE Campus, Andhra Pradesh, India; Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Canada; Queens University of Charlotte, North Carolina; Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama; University of Colorado at Boulder; Wayne State University.
The Queens group won the first-place price for their "U.S. National Whitewater Center" case. The second- and third-place cases were, respectively: "SKS Microfinance: Managing Growth and Continuity of a Social Enterprise," - IBS Hyderabad, India; and "Tendril Networks, Inc.," - University of Colorado at Boulder.
The McColl School of Business and Queens congratulates this group of alumni on outstanding work!
- Queens Designated As Voter Friendly Campus
- Business Continuity Management Course Offers Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
- Queens Adds Women's and Men's Rugby
- Queens Adds Baseball To Athletics
- Dr. Engen Collaborates with Local High School Student
- Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources
- Alumna Named Georgia's Elementary Science Teacher of the Year
- Knight School Launches Community Partnership With Google Fiber
- Professor Jonas Discusses Healthcare on WFAE
- Queens Announces First Destination Report