The McColl School of Business Launches Banking Initiative
The McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte and Dean Ron Shiffler today announced Tracy Grooms as the leader of the new McColl Banking Initiative.
Grooms has 30 years of experience in the banking community. Her leadership roles span positions from Student Banking Executive to Consumer and Small Business Compliance Executive, as well as Chief Financial Officer for the Bank of America and NationsBank merger.
"Tracy Grooms built an excellent reputation at Bank of America, meeting and exceeding every challenge we gave her," said Hugh McColl, Jr., former CEO of Bank of America. "She has the experience, character and passion to build the Banking Initiative into a premier resource of talent and thought leadership for the industry."
This past May, the McColl School of Business and Hugh McColl held a roundtable with representatives from the Carolinas banking communities to gauge their interest around the idea of a focused curriculum to help graduates quickly transition into careers within the industry. The discussion was positively received, and what started as an idea quickly moved forward into an actual program.
Grooms will develop partnerships with nearby North Carolina and South Carolina banks to establish an Advisory Council. Together, they will create a banking concentration within the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a finance major at the McColl School of Business.
"I'm excited to accept the challenge of creating a unique banking program at the McColl School of Business," said Grooms. "It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to leverage Charlotte's reputation as a banking hub with the McColl School's tradition of leadership."
Shiffler believes the addition of Grooms will differentiate what the McColl School can offer students interested in banking. "Tracy brings instant credibility to the classroom," said Shiffler. " Through a coordinated sequence of courses, our students will benefit from her insight and first-hand knowledge of how the banking industry works."
The McColl School of Business offers undergraduate degrees in finance, accounting and business administration. Graduate programs include an Executive M.B.A., a Professional M.B.A.and specialized master's degrees in organization development and in executive coaching.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm