McColl Faculty in the News
Recent accomplishments and updates
- Cathy Anderson of the McColl School of Business and Beverly Allen were featured in this month's South Park Magazine, a story about how to showcase book collections in your home. Read the story here.
- Dr. Charles Bamford of the McColl School of Business was featured in a business story in The Charlotte Observer recently. Read the story here.
- Dr. John Bennett of the McColl School of Business spoke about coaching as part of a panel session at the semi-annual meeting of the North Carolina Industrial and Organizational Psychologists last week. In addition, he was elected to serve on the organization's Board of Directors.
- Dr. John Bennett and adjunct professor Gary Wagenheim (MS in Executive Coaching program) of the McColl School of Business recently co-presented a workshop at the Organization Development Network conference in Baltimore, MD. The session, "Developing as a Reflective OD Practitioner," was based on research both of them have conducted and related increasing self-awareness, gaining knowledge, and applying that to the work of OD practitioners and scholar-practitioners.
- Dr. John Bennett of the McColl School of Business and Kelly Rogers, graduate of the MS in Organization Development program (2011) presented research about skill acquisition of executive coaches at Harvard's Institute of Coaching Medicine and Leadership Coaching Conference last week. This research was conducted as a collaborative project.
- Dr. Harry Bowen of the McColl School of Business had his paper 'Initiating and Maintaining Internationalization' published in the Global Strategy Journal, volume 1 (2/3).
- Dr. Harry Bowen of the McColl School of Business had his co-authored paper "Are EU Countries Less Integrated than U.S. States? Theory and Evidence," published as the lead article in the current issue of the Journal of Regional Science. Among other contributions, the paper develops theoretical predictions regarding the distribution of output that should hold among members of a fully integrated economic area (IEA). Importantly, the paper makes the distinction between the impact of unilateral policies versus harmonized policies for the output share of any one member of an IEA with a unilateral policy leading to a higher share of IEA output while harmonized policies leave the distribution of output across IEA members unchanged.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also recently interviewed by WSOC about the economy. Watch it here.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also recently interviewed by WSOC about Bank of America's new debit card fees. Watch it here.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also recently interviewed by WCNC News about Bank of America. Watch it here.
- Dr. Karen Geiger of the McColl School of Business along with Dr. Lize Booysen of Antioch University and Center for Creative Leadership presented a seminar entitled "Leadership in a Global Community: Inclusion of Multiple Viewpoints and Voices" at the 13th annual International Leadership Association Global Conference in London, U.K. on October 27.
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou
- Queens Takes One Step Closer to Becoming a Sustainable Campus