McColl Faculty in the News
Recent accomplishments and updates
- Dr. John Bennett of the McColl School of Business was recently elected as an at-large member of the Board of Directors for the Behavior Teaching Society (BTS). This professional organization for management educators enhances the quality and promotes the importance of teaching and learning across management disciplines.
- Dr. Harry Bowen of the McColl School of Business had his co-authored paper "Relatedness across the Value Chain: Its Measurement and Implications for Corporate Diversification Strategy," presented last Monday at the annual meeting of the Academy of Management held in San Antonio, TX. The paper proposed and presented a new methodology for measuring the core theoretical construct of "relatedness," which proposes superior performance benefits for firms pursuing a corporate diversification strategy.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also recently interviewed by WSOC for a story about the economy.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also interviewed by WSOC about Bank of America's future. Watch it here.
- Dr. Harry Bowen was also interviewed by Newschannel 36 about President Obama's new stimulus proposal. Watch it here.
- Dr. Tim Burson of the McColl School of Business co-authored an article with Drs. Jamie Slater and Mac McArthur: The July/August edition of Assessment Update, a well-regarded refereed publication in assessment, includes an article by Jamie Slater, Tim Burson, and Mac McArthur. The article, "Connecting Assessment to Resource Allocation: A Demonstration Project at Queens University of Charlotte," documents efforts at Queens to connect data on student learning to annual budgeting and resource allocation. Drs. Slater, Burson and McArthur, as well as other Assessment Committee members, have made state and national presentations on the topic.
- Dr. Steve Cox and Dr. Brad Brooks, both of the McColl School of Business, co-authored a case with Dr. Mac McArthur that has been accepted for publication. The case "Ballin on Burris" will be published in the upcoming issue for the Journal of Critical Incidents.
- Dr. Will Sparks of the McColl School of Business participated in a panel discussion at the first annual Carolinas Directors Exchange on September 13. The panel, which focused on board dynamics and also featured McColl School of Business Executives in Residence Peter Browning and Shannon McFayden, highlighted research findings on leadership, succession planning, and group dynamics.
- Mika and Joe tell childhood stories, talk politics and even discuss some tough subjects
- World of Work classes give students an edge in the job market
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- History Professor Wins Award
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Mullis' Essay Published