McColl Faculty in the News
Recent accomplishments and updates
- Dr. Karen A. Geiger of the McColl School of Business was featured on UNC-TV's "North Carolina Now" on Tuesday, July 5. In "Race Exchanges Pt. 1," Parul Joshi began a two-part special report on the impact of race and culture in the Piedmont through historical and personal perspectives. Dr. Geiger shared some of her findings from her recent research on women and race.
- Dr. Harry Bowen of the McColl School of Business has been appointed to the Board of Editors of the Global Strategy Journal, a publication of the Strategic Management Society that also publishes the prestigious Strategic Management Journal. Dr. Bowen also recently returned from Nagoya, Japan, where he presented his paper "Immigrant Specificity and the Relationship Between Trade and Immigration: Theory and Evidence" at the Academy of International Business Annual Meeting.
- Dr. Will Sparks of the McColl School of Business published the article "Toward a Fully Engaged Board" in the June 10 issue of The Charlotte Business Journal. The article, co-authored with Peter Browning, examines functional board decision making and group process dynamics.
Dr. John Bennett of the McColl School of Business presented two seminars about coaching for change at Kazimierz Wielki University and Kujawsko-Pomorska Szkola Wyzsza University in Bydogoszcz, Poland, in June. Dr. Bennett also attended the Academy of Management's Management Consulting Division's International Conference in Amsterdam earlier this month, where he presented "Skill Acquisition of Executive Coaches: A Journey Toward Mastery" (a research paper co-authored with recent Queens MSOD graduate Kelly Rogers), "Coaching: An Emerging Role of Management Consultants (a paper co-authored with Dr. Mary Wayne Bush of the Colorado Technical University), and "Coaching for Organizational Change" (a professional development workshop co-presented with Dr. Bush).
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon