McColl School Students in Eastern Europe
Study tour in Poland and Germany helps students better understand the forces of globalization
A group of 14 McColl School graduate students and faculty from the Executive MBA, Professional MBA and Masters of Science in Organization Development (MSOD) programs traveled for nearly two weeks on an international study tour of Poland and Germany. Designed to help students better understand the often complicated issues surrounding globalization, the tour offered a hands-on exploration of the business, educational and cultural environments of Eastern Europe.
In Bydgoszcz, Poland the group was officially welcomed by Deputy Mayor Jan Szopiński and a member of the city council. They were briefed on the business and social conditions of the region and met with business leaders to gain a bird's-eye view of the local economy.
The group also partnered with students from Kazimierz Wielki University to provide consulting services to three non-profits organizations: one local arts organization and two social service agencies. Students applied their knowledge of leadership, change management and consulting while learning about partnerships, regulations, and local community needs.
"The warm welcome we received in Poland blew everyone away," said Dr. John Bennett, director of the MS in Executive Coaching program and faculty leader for the trip. "But a real highlight was being able to work together with the Polish university students to address some significant organizational challenges facing local non-governmental agencies. Among other things, our group really learned the value of St. Francis' adage to 'seek to understand before seeking to be understood' by exploring the history, cultures and systems in other countries and various cities. These experiences helped our students learn about themselves as leaders."
- U.S. News & World Report Praises Queens Online Programs
- Student Perseveres Despite Uncertain Future
- Fall 2016 Knight School Dean's List
- Faculty, Alumna Recognized by CharlotteFive for Blogs
- Andrea B. Smith Named Queens' 2016 BusinessWoman of the Year
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility