McColl School Students in Eastern Europe
Study tour in Poland and Germany helps students better understand the forces of globalization
A group of 14 McColl School graduate students and faculty from the Executive MBA, Professional MBA and Masters of Science in Organization Development (MSOD) programs traveled for nearly two weeks on an international study tour of Poland and Germany. Designed to help students better understand the often complicated issues surrounding globalization, the tour offered a hands-on exploration of the business, educational and cultural environments of Eastern Europe.
In Bydgoszcz, Poland the group was officially welcomed by Deputy Mayor Jan Szopiński and a member of the city council. They were briefed on the business and social conditions of the region and met with business leaders to gain a bird's-eye view of the local economy.
The group also partnered with students from Kazimierz Wielki University to provide consulting services to three non-profits organizations: one local arts organization and two social service agencies. Students applied their knowledge of leadership, change management and consulting while learning about partnerships, regulations, and local community needs.
"The warm welcome we received in Poland blew everyone away," said Dr. John Bennett, director of the MS in Executive Coaching program and faculty leader for the trip. "But a real highlight was being able to work together with the Polish university students to address some significant organizational challenges facing local non-governmental agencies. Among other things, our group really learned the value of St. Francis' adage to 'seek to understand before seeking to be understood' by exploring the history, cultures and systems in other countries and various cities. These experiences helped our students learn about themselves as leaders."
- Queens Music Academy Student Performs at Carnegie Hall
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking