Human Service Studies Department forms new partnership with MeckCARES
The Human Service Studies Department has partnered with the Mecklenburg County System of Care Training Institute (MCTI) of MeckCARES to provide free professional training to Queens' students and alumni, as well as the Charlotte community. This is the first university partnership for MeckCARES.
Dr. Karen Neal, head of the Human Services Department and April Simmons Liner, Training Coordinator of MeckCARES announced the partnership this week. "This training will make our students and alumni more attractive Human Service Professionals to provider agencies," stated Neal. "We're delighted to partner with MeckCARES to provide such valuable courses."
MCTI is one of only three sites in North Carolina authorized to provide comprehensive System of Care training, which is required in the first 90 days of employment with service providers such as the Department of Juvenile Justice, Youth and Family Services, the Department of Social Services, all CABHA agencies (comprehensive behavioral health service providers) and various positions in the Charlotte Mecklenburg County School System. Courses introduce participants to the concept of System of Care. Skills are developed in Child and Family Team Coordination through a strengths based approach which emphasizes cultural discovery and natural supports. Wraparound facilitation, strengths assessments, effective child plan development and crisis planning are additional course topics. The classes are also valuable to parents of children with exceptionalities, and provide CEU's for currently employed professionals.
Courses will begin in January 2013 and will be offered on Saturdays at Queens University's main campus. To register for classes, contact MeckCARES at 704-432-0986 or visit MeckCARES.Charmeck.org.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm