Human Service Studies Department forms new partnership with MeckCARES
The Human Service Studies Department has partnered with the Mecklenburg County System of Care Training Institute (MCTI) of MeckCARES to provide free professional training to Queens' students and alumni, as well as the Charlotte community. This is the first university partnership for MeckCARES.
Dr. Karen Neal, head of the Human Services Department and April Simmons Liner, Training Coordinator of MeckCARES announced the partnership this week. "This training will make our students and alumni more attractive Human Service Professionals to provider agencies," stated Neal. "We're delighted to partner with MeckCARES to provide such valuable courses."
MCTI is one of only three sites in North Carolina authorized to provide comprehensive System of Care training, which is required in the first 90 days of employment with service providers such as the Department of Juvenile Justice, Youth and Family Services, the Department of Social Services, all CABHA agencies (comprehensive behavioral health service providers) and various positions in the Charlotte Mecklenburg County School System. Courses introduce participants to the concept of System of Care. Skills are developed in Child and Family Team Coordination through a strengths based approach which emphasizes cultural discovery and natural supports. Wraparound facilitation, strengths assessments, effective child plan development and crisis planning are additional course topics. The classes are also valuable to parents of children with exceptionalities, and provide CEU's for currently employed professionals.
Courses will begin in January 2013 and will be offered on Saturdays at Queens University's main campus. To register for classes, contact MeckCARES at 704-432-0986 or visit MeckCARES.Charmeck.org.
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013
- New Online Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Inaugural MS in Executive Coaching Class Graduates
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Spring MSOD Capstone Presentations
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- Professor Morri Creech's New Book Reviewed