My Digital Life: Social Media meets Personal Privacy
The James L. Knight School of Communication invited the Myers Park Home Owners Association and the Queens community to come to a discussion about the role of social media and how to protect your privacy in the digital age, led by Dr. Mac McArthur.
The first session began at 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM with a presentation by Dr. McArthur followed by a discussion with the audience. Then, the Knight School offered a hands-on look at navigating social media, from 7:45 PM – 8:30 PM in the Knight Crane Convergence Lab. Knight School students assisted participants in the hands on session. The students taught participants how to set-up a Twitter and Skype account, change privacy settings on Facebook and answer other questions about how to use these social media tools.
- Everett Library gets a stunning transformation
- Queens' English Instructor Sarah Creech releases her first novel
- SELA Graduation 2014
- The Dean's Digest - August 2014
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln