My Digital Life: Social Media meets Personal Privacy
The James L. Knight School of Communication invited the Myers Park Home Owners Association and the Queens community to come to a discussion about the role of social media and how to protect your privacy in the digital age, led by Dr. Mac McArthur.
The first session began at 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM with a presentation by Dr. McArthur followed by a discussion with the audience. Then, the Knight School offered a hands-on look at navigating social media, from 7:45 PM – 8:30 PM in the Knight Crane Convergence Lab. Knight School students assisted participants in the hands on session. The students taught participants how to set-up a Twitter and Skype account, change privacy settings on Facebook and answer other questions about how to use these social media tools.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement