Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
Queens is pleased to announce Dr. Alexa Royden has been appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education. Dr. Royden brings administrative experience to the position, having served as Department Chair in Political Science, interim Director of the Center for International Education, Director of the International Studies Program in Political Science, Director of the StarTalk Summer Institute in Chinese, and Acting Chair of the Department of Political Science at Millikin University (her previous institution).
While at Queens, Dr. Royden has also served the university in other important ways, including, most recently, on the Faculty Workload Reallocation Committee, the International Education Advisory Committee, the Prioritizing for Excellence Committee, and the Quality Enhancement Plan Committee for Reaffirmation 2011 (co-chair). Before beginning her academic career, Dr. Royden was employed as a Senior Policy Analyst for DFI International in Washington, D.C., where she supervised staff, directed research, and produced both quantitative and qualitative analyses for Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Dr. Royden is a prolific and impressive scholar and teacher, with academic work that touches on ethics, diplomacy, conflict, human rights, and international and domestic policy. Her PhD is in International Relations, her MA in International Affairs, and her B.A. in Theater Arts, reflecting a wide range of academic interests and abilities.
"Dr. Royden has the courage, conviction, and collaborative interpersonal skills required to move us ahead on the path we have undertaken and to which faculty, the deans and I are committed," said Dr. Lynn Morton, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs. "I am confident she is the right person for the position, bringing energy and enthusiasm for the work ahead."
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking
- Father and Son Contribute to Queens' Basketball Success