Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
Queens is pleased to announce Dr. Alexa Royden has been appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education. Dr. Royden brings administrative experience to the position, having served as Department Chair in Political Science, interim Director of the Center for International Education, Director of the International Studies Program in Political Science, Director of the StarTalk Summer Institute in Chinese, and Acting Chair of the Department of Political Science at Millikin University (her previous institution).
While at Queens, Dr. Royden has also served the university in other important ways, including, most recently, on the Faculty Workload Reallocation Committee, the International Education Advisory Committee, the Prioritizing for Excellence Committee, and the Quality Enhancement Plan Committee for Reaffirmation 2011 (co-chair). Before beginning her academic career, Dr. Royden was employed as a Senior Policy Analyst for DFI International in Washington, D.C., where she supervised staff, directed research, and produced both quantitative and qualitative analyses for Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Dr. Royden is a prolific and impressive scholar and teacher, with academic work that touches on ethics, diplomacy, conflict, human rights, and international and domestic policy. Her PhD is in International Relations, her MA in International Affairs, and her B.A. in Theater Arts, reflecting a wide range of academic interests and abilities.
"Dr. Royden has the courage, conviction, and collaborative interpersonal skills required to move us ahead on the path we have undertaken and to which faculty, the deans and I are committed," said Dr. Lynn Morton, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs. "I am confident she is the right person for the position, bringing energy and enthusiasm for the work ahead."
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week