Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
Queens is pleased to announce Dr. Alexa Royden has been appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education. Dr. Royden brings administrative experience to the position, having served as Department Chair in Political Science, interim Director of the Center for International Education, Director of the International Studies Program in Political Science, Director of the StarTalk Summer Institute in Chinese, and Acting Chair of the Department of Political Science at Millikin University (her previous institution).
While at Queens, Dr. Royden has also served the university in other important ways, including, most recently, on the Faculty Workload Reallocation Committee, the International Education Advisory Committee, the Prioritizing for Excellence Committee, and the Quality Enhancement Plan Committee for Reaffirmation 2011 (co-chair). Before beginning her academic career, Dr. Royden was employed as a Senior Policy Analyst for DFI International in Washington, D.C., where she supervised staff, directed research, and produced both quantitative and qualitative analyses for Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
Dr. Royden is a prolific and impressive scholar and teacher, with academic work that touches on ethics, diplomacy, conflict, human rights, and international and domestic policy. Her PhD is in International Relations, her MA in International Affairs, and her B.A. in Theater Arts, reflecting a wide range of academic interests and abilities.
"Dr. Royden has the courage, conviction, and collaborative interpersonal skills required to move us ahead on the path we have undertaken and to which faculty, the deans and I are committed," said Dr. Lynn Morton, provost and vice president for Academic Affairs. "I am confident she is the right person for the position, bringing energy and enthusiasm for the work ahead."
- Queens Students Raise $26,000 for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital to Become Top Fundraising School in the Southeast
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015
- Eboo Patel, Interfaith Champion, to Speak at Queens
- Queens MFA Instructor Claudia Rankine Receives NBCC Award
- President Davies to Receive the Sydnor Thompson Community Leader Award
- The Friends of the Library Welcomed Award Winning Authors To Campus
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Dean