Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
Dr. Lynn Morton has been named Queens University of Charlotte's new Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, announced by President Pamela Davies.
Dr. Morton joined Queens more than two decades ago as an adjunct faculty member who then rose through the ranks to become an associate professor of English. Her first administrative assignment was Director of Freshmen Writing, during which she initiated and oversaw comprehensive program change. Dr. Morton went on to lead a review and reorganization of The Core Program in the Liberal Arts and then to serve as Department Chair for English.
In 2009, she was named Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and was charged with leading Queens' SACS reaffirmation of accreditation review. Under her leadership Queens achieved full reaffirmation with no recommendations for improvement -- an extremely rare outcome. That result was attributable in large part to Dr. Morton's outstanding work to get Queens ready for the review, as well as her ability to lead an internal review team and prepare a comprehensive and compelling report. Most recently, Dr. Morton served as the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences where she furthered her reputation as a highly collaborative leader.
"Dr. Morton has broad and deep relationships throughout the university, the trust of the faculty and staff, and understands Queens' culture and traditions," said President Davies. "I am confident that with her leadership, we can advance our work and serve our students at even higher levels than before."
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association