Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
Dr. Lynn Morton has been named Queens University of Charlotte's new Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, announced by President Pamela Davies.
Dr. Morton joined Queens more than two decades ago as an adjunct faculty member who then rose through the ranks to become an associate professor of English. Her first administrative assignment was Director of Freshmen Writing, during which she initiated and oversaw comprehensive program change. Dr. Morton went on to lead a review and reorganization of The Core Program in the Liberal Arts and then to serve as Department Chair for English.
In 2009, she was named Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and was charged with leading Queens' SACS reaffirmation of accreditation review. Under her leadership Queens achieved full reaffirmation with no recommendations for improvement -- an extremely rare outcome. That result was attributable in large part to Dr. Morton's outstanding work to get Queens ready for the review, as well as her ability to lead an internal review team and prepare a comprehensive and compelling report. Most recently, Dr. Morton served as the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences where she furthered her reputation as a highly collaborative leader.
"Dr. Morton has broad and deep relationships throughout the university, the trust of the faculty and staff, and understands Queens' culture and traditions," said President Davies. "I am confident that with her leadership, we can advance our work and serve our students at even higher levels than before."
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations
- McColl School of Business Welcomes New Dean Richard Mathieu
- Jane Williams Joins McColl as Program Manager
- Seeking McColl School Mentor
- Two MSEC Alums Publish in International Coaching Psychology Journal
- Malek Jandali '97 Attributes Success to Queens Education
- Mayoral Debate To Be Held at Queens Sports Complex
- The Knight School Works to Bridge Digital Divide with Digital Inclusion Project Manager
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of the McColl School Richard Mathieu