Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
Dr. Lynn Morton has been named Queens University of Charlotte's new Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, announced by President Pamela Davies.
Dr. Morton joined Queens more than two decades ago as an adjunct faculty member who then rose through the ranks to become an associate professor of English. Her first administrative assignment was Director of Freshmen Writing, during which she initiated and oversaw comprehensive program change. Dr. Morton went on to lead a review and reorganization of The Core Program in the Liberal Arts and then to serve as Department Chair for English.
In 2009, she was named Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and was charged with leading Queens' SACS reaffirmation of accreditation review. Under her leadership Queens achieved full reaffirmation with no recommendations for improvement -- an extremely rare outcome. That result was attributable in large part to Dr. Morton's outstanding work to get Queens ready for the review, as well as her ability to lead an internal review team and prepare a comprehensive and compelling report. Most recently, Dr. Morton served as the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences where she furthered her reputation as a highly collaborative leader.
"Dr. Morton has broad and deep relationships throughout the university, the trust of the faculty and staff, and understands Queens' culture and traditions," said President Davies. "I am confident that with her leadership, we can advance our work and serve our students at even higher levels than before."
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List
- MBA and MSOD Programs Recognized in CBJ