Newsweek Editor Jon Meacham to speak at Queens
Meacham will speak about the truth behind public perceptions of bias in the media
Tickets are on sale now for a lecture by Jon Meacham, editor of Newsweek and a Pulitzer Prize-winning author, on March 4 at Queens University of Charlotte.
The Learning Society at Queens will present Meacham's lecture, "The Media's Secret Bias: Liberals, Conservatives and the Truth About News." Tickets for the 7 p.m. event are $40.
Meacham joined Newsweek as a writer in 1995, and has served as national affairs editor and managing editor. He was appointed editor of the magazine in 2006. He supervises Newsweek's coverage of politics, international affairs and breaking news, and has also written cover stories on topics such as war, politics, religion and race.
His most recent New York Times bestseller, "American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House," won the Pulitzer Prize for biography in 2009. In The Washington Post, Douglas Brinkley called it "the most readable single-volume biography ever written of our seventh president."
His other works include "Franklin and Winston: An Intimate Portrait of an Epic Friendship" - a chronicle of the wartime relationship between Roosevelt and Churchill - and "American Gospel: God, the Founding Fathers, and the Making of a Nation," a historical portrait of the spiritual foundation of America. Both are New York Times bestsellers.
Meacham has written for The New York Times Book Review, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times Book Review, and The Washington Post Book World. He is a frequent contributor to "Meet the Press," "The Today Show," "Charlie Rose," "Fox & Friends" and more. Finally, he is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a "Global Leader for Tomorrow" of the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Want to go?
The Learning Society at Queens University of Charlotte presents
Jon Meacham, editor of Newsweek and Pulitzer Prize-winning author
7 p.m. March 4
Dana Auditorium, at Queens on Selwyn Avenue
$40 in advance
Tweeting about the event from the event? Use #QueensMeacham.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens