Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter meets with students at Queens
Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter was on Queens' campus today conducting a master class with students from Queens, UNC Charlotte and Davidson College.
Kristopher Irmiter is a bass-baritone who has performed in all 50 states and throughout Canada. He is one of the most sought after low voices in the U.S. He has appeared with San Francisco Opera, Opera de Montreal, Lyric Opera of Chicago, Houston Grand Opera, Baltimore Opera, Atlanta Opera, Pittsburgh Opera, Utah Opera, Austin Lyric Opera, Opera Lyra Ottawa, Arizona Opera and Florida Grand Opera, among many others.
Queens was lucky enough to have Kristopher stop by for a visit to help aspiring students with their opera singing. The sounds coming out of Suzanne Little Recital Hall were beautiful.
Learn more about Queens' music department and majors.
- Queens Student-Athlete's Triumph Over Cancer Featured on CNN Health Study
- Students Raise Nearly $20,000 for St. Jude Up 'til Dawn
- Queens' Veterans Support Featured in Charlotte Business Journal
- Queens Mourns the Passing of Porter B. Byrum
- Queens Designated As Voter Friendly Campus
- Business Continuity Management Course Offers Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
- Queens Adds Women's and Men's Rugby
- Queens Adds Baseball To Athletics
- Dr. Engen Collaborates with Local High School Student
- Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources