Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter meets with students at Queens
Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter was on Queens' campus today conducting a master class with students from Queens, UNC Charlotte and Davidson College.
Kristopher Irmiter is a bass-baritone who has performed in all 50 states and throughout Canada. He is one of the most sought after low voices in the U.S. He has appeared with San Francisco Opera, Opera de Montreal, Lyric Opera of Chicago, Houston Grand Opera, Baltimore Opera, Atlanta Opera, Pittsburgh Opera, Utah Opera, Austin Lyric Opera, Opera Lyra Ottawa, Arizona Opera and Florida Grand Opera, among many others.
Queens was lucky enough to have Kristopher stop by for a visit to help aspiring students with their opera singing. The sounds coming out of Suzanne Little Recital Hall were beautiful.
Learn more about Queens' music department and majors.
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens receive #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Summer in Service program benefits both students and local non-profits