Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter meets with students at Queens
Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter was on Queens' campus today conducting a master class with students from Queens, UNC Charlotte and Davidson College.
Kristopher Irmiter is a bass-baritone who has performed in all 50 states and throughout Canada. He is one of the most sought after low voices in the U.S. He has appeared with San Francisco Opera, Opera de Montreal, Lyric Opera of Chicago, Houston Grand Opera, Baltimore Opera, Atlanta Opera, Pittsburgh Opera, Utah Opera, Austin Lyric Opera, Opera Lyra Ottawa, Arizona Opera and Florida Grand Opera, among many others.
Queens was lucky enough to have Kristopher stop by for a visit to help aspiring students with their opera singing. The sounds coming out of Suzanne Little Recital Hall were beautiful.
Learn more about Queens' music department and majors.
- Queens Alumni Assist 'The Lunch Project' Feed Children, Better Their Education
- Freshmen Connect Through Interfaith Urban Immersion Experience
- Queens Participates in Heart Walk, Supports American Heart Association
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens
- Cato Call for Third-Party Comments
- Online MSN Program Alumna First to Earn CNL Certification
- Forty Organizations Attend Non-Profit Volunteer and Internship Fair
- MFA Alumna Amy Bagwell Inspires Others through "The Wall Poems of Charlotte"
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations
- McColl School of Business Welcomes New Dean Richard Mathieu