Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter meets with students at Queens
Grammy Nominated Opera Singer Kristopher Irmiter was on Queens' campus today conducting a master class with students from Queens, UNC Charlotte and Davidson College.
Kristopher Irmiter is a bass-baritone who has performed in all 50 states and throughout Canada. He is one of the most sought after low voices in the U.S. He has appeared with San Francisco Opera, Opera de Montreal, Lyric Opera of Chicago, Houston Grand Opera, Baltimore Opera, Atlanta Opera, Pittsburgh Opera, Utah Opera, Austin Lyric Opera, Opera Lyra Ottawa, Arizona Opera and Florida Grand Opera, among many others.
Queens was lucky enough to have Kristopher stop by for a visit to help aspiring students with their opera singing. The sounds coming out of Suzanne Little Recital Hall were beautiful.
Learn more about Queens' music department and majors.
- Queens’ Presbyterian School of Nursing extends its application deadline
- The Dean's Digest - September 2014
- The McColl School at Queens is buzzing
- Attorney General Roy Cooper educates college consumers at Queens
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 20 List
- Everett Library gets a stunning transformation
- Queens' English Instructor Sarah Creech releases her first novel
- SELA Graduation 2014
- The Dean's Digest - August 2014
- Non-profit volunteer and internship fair provides opportunity for students to live Queens’ motto