Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together
Professors Eric Mullis (Philosophy, Queens), Ashley Suttler Martin (Dance, Queens), and Valerie Ifill (Dance, Winthrop) performed "Lines ReDrawn" at the Ulysses Festival of the Arts this weekend at NCDT in uptown Charlotte. The original dance work focuses on the destruction of the African-American Brooklyn neighborhood--under the auspices of Urban Renewal--that once inhabited the First Ward. The piece includes choreography by Mullis, Martin, and Ifill and an original sound-score by Mullis. This piece was presented in an evening of dance performance that focused on the 50-year anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Act.
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Summer in Service program benefits both students and local non-profits