Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together
Professors Eric Mullis (Philosophy, Queens), Ashley Suttler Martin (Dance, Queens), and Valerie Ifill (Dance, Winthrop) performed "Lines ReDrawn" at the Ulysses Festival of the Arts this weekend at NCDT in uptown Charlotte. The original dance work focuses on the destruction of the African-American Brooklyn neighborhood--under the auspices of Urban Renewal--that once inhabited the First Ward. The piece includes choreography by Mullis, Martin, and Ifill and an original sound-score by Mullis. This piece was presented in an evening of dance performance that focused on the 50-year anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Act.
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students
- Men's Basketball Defeats VCU in Exhibition Game
- Students, Faculty Meet with Journalists from Around the World to Discuss Election
- Alumna Participates in Queens-CMS Literacy Educator Partnership
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week