Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together
Professors Eric Mullis (Philosophy, Queens), Ashley Suttler Martin (Dance, Queens), and Valerie Ifill (Dance, Winthrop) performed "Lines ReDrawn" at the Ulysses Festival of the Arts this weekend at NCDT in uptown Charlotte. The original dance work focuses on the destruction of the African-American Brooklyn neighborhood--under the auspices of Urban Renewal--that once inhabited the First Ward. The piece includes choreography by Mullis, Martin, and Ifill and an original sound-score by Mullis. This piece was presented in an evening of dance performance that focused on the 50-year anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Act.
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens