Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together
Professors Eric Mullis (Philosophy, Queens), Ashley Suttler Martin (Dance, Queens), and Valerie Ifill (Dance, Winthrop) performed "Lines ReDrawn" at the Ulysses Festival of the Arts this weekend at NCDT in uptown Charlotte. The original dance work focuses on the destruction of the African-American Brooklyn neighborhood--under the auspices of Urban Renewal--that once inhabited the First Ward. The piece includes choreography by Mullis, Martin, and Ifill and an original sound-score by Mullis. This piece was presented in an evening of dance performance that focused on the 50-year anniversary of the passing of the Civil Rights Act.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie