Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources
Queens faculty are often called upon as local, regional and global experts in fields to address timely topics. To date, our professors have been guests on WFAE's "Charlotte Talks" local program into an array of subjects ranging from music, religion, English literature and pop culture to healthcare, science, civic engagement in the digital age, immigration and politics and business.
Last week, Dr. Dawn Chanland, associate professor for business administration, joined "Charlotte Talks" host Mike Collins and fellow experts to discuss maternity and paternity leave policies in the United States. Only twelve percent of Americans have paid maternity and paternity leave at their workplace. Dr. Chanland discussed the history of the business side to this issue, in addition to noting the evolution of policies and culture and overall benefits of paid family leave for the employer and employees.
Watch the "Charlotte Talks" episode here.
- Queens Announces 2017 Commencement Speaker
- Queens Student-Athlete's Triumph Over Cancer Featured on CNN Health Study
- Students Raise Nearly $20,000 for St. Jude Up 'til Dawn
- Queens' Veterans Support Featured in Charlotte Business Journal
- Queens Mourns the Passing of Porter B. Byrum
- Queens Designated As Voter Friendly Campus
- Business Continuity Management Course Offers Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
- Queens Adds Women's and Men's Rugby
- Queens Adds Baseball To Athletics
- Dr. Engen Collaborates with Local High School Student