Queens Inducts New Trustees Emeriti
As part of its annual Commencement Week festivities, Queens University of Charlotte will induct its third class of Trustees Emeriti on May 2, 2013. Each of these leaders is a devoted Queens enthusiast whose term of service on the Board of Trustees has ended, but who can continue to offer insight into the life of Queens.
"Former trustees are a critical part of our leadership circle and we are delighted to keep these dear friends engaged with our university," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "Their deep level of commitment and inherent responsibility as trustees engenders a dedication to Queens that's difficult to match."
Queens started the Emeriti group in 2010 as a way to honor former trustees' "very intense, personal relationship with Queens," said Tamara D. Burrell, Executive Director of Presidential Relations and Associate Vice President for Advancement.
This year's inductees are Sarah Gambrell, Claudette Hall '65, Hank Hankins III, Ben Hawfield Jr., Judy Leonard '67, Kitty McEaddy '65, Ward McKeithen and Keith Pension '67. Together they represent 96 years of service on the board.
This year's Life Trustee inductee is John Sykes '57, whose innumerable leadership and philanthropic contributions have helped shape the course of the university.
After the May 2 induction ceremony, Queens will have 69 Trustees Emeriti and seven Life Trustees. This includes one Trustee Emeritus and one Life Trustee who began their service to Queens in 1961.
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Duke Endowment awards Queens a $478,593 research grant
- Queens takes part in the Campus Election Engagement Project
- Second Novel Book Deal
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014