Queens Internships and Career Center Update
Queens Internships and Career Center has a new leader and has refocused their services and tools to better serve Queens' growing community of graduate and undergraduate students and alumni. An evident change is the recent addition of Mary Beth Faulkner, a former Executive VP from Bank of America who is the McColl School's dedicated career advisor.
Additionally, Queens' Job Board has expanded to funnel all job postings university wide and to provide a listing of key contacts who have made themselves available to students and alumni. Recently, a head of a financial institution posted his own contact information and has made himself available via the job board. Alums interested in "giving back" can offer their time and services through the board and provide parameters about how, when and who may contact them.
Other services the office is providing include:
- Career Fairs/Networking Events
- One-on-one career advising with Mary Beth Faulkner
- Mock Interviews (complete with a recording and feedback)
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Career Skills Workshops
For other questions about career services, please contact the Queens Internship & Career Programs office at 704-337-2337, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon