Queens MFA Program Recognized in Top Five Nationally
Queens University of Charlotte is proud to announce that its Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program has been ranked fourth in the 2013 ranking of over 50 low-residency MFA programs by Poets & Writer's Magazine.The Queens MFA is a two-year, full-time program. It follows a low-residency format - students complete much of their work from home, and meet together on campus for a couple weeks during the year. This format allows Queens to recruit critically acclaimed authors as instructors from across the nation. The program began in 2001 when there were only nine such programs in the US. Today there are more than 50 low-residency MFA programs. Queens has placed in the top ten every year since the survey began five years ago.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon