Queens MFA Program Recognized in Top Five Nationally
Queens University of Charlotte is proud to announce that its Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program has been ranked fourth in the 2013 ranking of over 50 low-residency MFA programs by Poets & Writer's Magazine.The Queens MFA is a two-year, full-time program. It follows a low-residency format - students complete much of their work from home, and meet together on campus for a couple weeks during the year. This format allows Queens to recruit critically acclaimed authors as instructors from across the nation. The program began in 2001 when there were only nine such programs in the US. Today there are more than 50 low-residency MFA programs. Queens has placed in the top ten every year since the survey began five years ago.
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- History Professor Wins Award
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Mullis' Essay Published
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting