Queens MFA Program Recognized in Top Five Nationally
Queens University of Charlotte is proud to announce that its Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program has been ranked fourth in the 2013 ranking of over 50 low-residency MFA programs by Poets & Writer's Magazine.The Queens MFA is a two-year, full-time program. It follows a low-residency format - students complete much of their work from home, and meet together on campus for a couple weeks during the year. This format allows Queens to recruit critically acclaimed authors as instructors from across the nation. The program began in 2001 when there were only nine such programs in the US. Today there are more than 50 low-residency MFA programs. Queens has placed in the top ten every year since the survey began five years ago.
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens receive #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Summer in Service program benefits both students and local non-profits