Queens Professor Featured at National Conference
Dr. John A. McArthur, Assistant Professor in the School of Communication, presented his research during a featured panel at the annual conference of the National Communication Association in San Diego, CA, Nov. 21-24, 2008. His paper, Instructional Proxemics: Making a case for the study of space in instructional communication discourse, was part of a panel on unconventional learning spaces which was featured by the convention organizers. Dr. McArthur's presentation focused on the intentional uses of space in physical classroom environments to create opportunities for more effective learning. He is also researching the use of physical and virtual spaces which promote effective communication in other settings.
In addition to the featured panel, Dr. McArthur's participation in the conference included chairing 2 other panels -- one related to service learning and the other concerning the impact of digital technology on broadcast television -- and a G.I.F.T.S. (Great Ideas For Teaching Speech) presentation displaying excellent classroom practices.
NCA, the National Communication Association, is a non-profit organization of approximately 7,700 educators, practitioners, and students who work and reside in every state and more than 20 countries. The purpose of the association is to promote study, criticism, research, teaching, and application of the artistic, humanistic, and scientific principles of communication. For more information, visit www.natcom.org
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Queens Chronicle wins an award as a result of design and technology advances
- The Knight School takes another step toward making Charlotte a model city for digital literacy
- Queens examines what millennials and managers expect
- Professor Mohammed el-Nawawy Releases "Egyptian Revolution 2.0"
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Queens University of Charlotte Launches Online Master’s in Communication
- Fall '12 Knight School of Communication Dean's List
- Infinite Possibilities
- Dr. Pupchek presents at IABC