Queens Professor Publishes Guide for Podcasting in the Classroom
Dr. John A. McArthur, Assistant Professor in the School of Communication, had an article published in the January 2009 issue of Communication Teacher. The article, Composing Podcasts: Engaging 'digital natives' in the communication classroom, serves a guide for educucators seeking to engage students with digital media in the classroom. The article includes step-by-step instructions for incorporating podcasts as writing assignments in class.
Dr. McArthur's research interests involve user-experience design, proxemics (the communicativity of space), and the role of technology and media design in society. His research includes studies of user-experience design as it relates to the creation of documents, speeches, and physical and virtual spaces. Dr. McArthur teaches a variety of courses at Queens including Public Relations, Layout & Design, and Business and Professional Writing.
Communication Teacher, one of the flagship journals of the National Communication Association (NCA), is a national peer-reviewed journal that promotes quality practices in the communication classroom across grade and institutional levels. More information about the journal can be found on its website: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/rcmt
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Thesis on Social Media Evolves Into Publication
- Queens Students Published on WCNC
- Dr. McArthur Shares Insight into PokemonGo
- Communication Student Wins 2016 Outstanding Journalism Award
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Announces 2016 Commencement Speakers
- MA Comm Faculty, Alumna Publish Research
- Knight Foundation Provides Grant to Knight School of Communication