Queens Professor Publishes Guide for Podcasting in the Classroom
Dr. John A. McArthur, Assistant Professor in the School of Communication, had an article published in the January 2009 issue of Communication Teacher. The article, Composing Podcasts: Engaging 'digital natives' in the communication classroom, serves a guide for educucators seeking to engage students with digital media in the classroom. The article includes step-by-step instructions for incorporating podcasts as writing assignments in class.
Dr. McArthur's research interests involve user-experience design, proxemics (the communicativity of space), and the role of technology and media design in society. His research includes studies of user-experience design as it relates to the creation of documents, speeches, and physical and virtual spaces. Dr. McArthur teaches a variety of courses at Queens including Public Relations, Layout & Design, and Business and Professional Writing.
Communication Teacher, one of the flagship journals of the National Communication Association (NCA), is a national peer-reviewed journal that promotes quality practices in the communication classroom across grade and institutional levels. More information about the journal can be found on its website: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/rcmt
- Queens Announces 2016 Commencement Speakers
- MA Comm Faculty, Alumna Publish Research
- Knight Foundation Provides Grant to Knight School of Communication
- Guest Susan Crawford Discusses Civic Engagement in Technology
- The Knight School Works to Bridge Digital Divide with Digital Inclusion Project Manager
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Queens Chronicle wins an award as a result of design and technology advances