Queens announces new VPAA
Queens will welcome new Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs in June 2011
Charlotte, N.C. - Queens University of Charlotte proudly announces that Dr. Abiodun "G-P" Goke-Pariola will become Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs in June 2011.
"We are thrilled to bring Dr. Goke-Pariola to help lead Queens as we continue our tradition of excellence in academic programming," said Queens President Pamela Davies. "He has a compelling vision for higher education, as well as outstanding academic leadership experience. The combination made him the perfect choice for Queens."
Goke-Pariola is currently provost and vice president for Academic Affairs and professor of English at Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio, where he led the strategic planning process that led to transformative changes to the curricula.
"I see Queens as an institution with the requisite elements for a successful mission-driven transformational change: strategically visionary leadership; a distinguished faculty committed to student learning; staff who take pride in helping students to blossom; and a city that is ready to embrace its university," he said. "The invitation to join such a community is truly an honor."
He previously was dean of the Evans School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences and professor of English at Berry College in Rome, Georgia. He also was assistant vice president for Academic Affairs and professor of English at Georgia Southern University.
He has held faculty and administrative positions at other universities in the United States and abroad. His scholarly articles have appeared in leading journals in English language studies, linguistics, African Studies and international education. His book, "The Role of Language in the Struggle for Power and Legitimacy in Africa," focuses on the political sociology of language in multilingual and multicultural African nations.He earned his bachelor's and master's degrees in English from the University of Ife, in his native Nigeria, and his Ph.D. in English language and literature from the University of Michigan.
- Everett Library gets a stunning transformation
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Legendary soccer coach Fred Norchi to be inducted into the Royals Hall of Fame
- Queens launches collegiate swim club to build on growing interest in swimming