Queens earns place on President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
Queens named to President's Service Honor Roll for service and civic engagement
Award recognizes colleges and universities for demonstrated commitment to serving others
Queens University of Charlotte is proud to be named to the 2009 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, which recognizes commitment to volunteering, service-learning and civic engagement.
The Corporation for National and Community Service, which oversees the annual Honor Roll awards, recognized more than 700 colleges and universities for their impact on issues from poverty and homelessness to environmental justice.
At Queens, hundreds of students joined the faculty to develop innovative programs and projects to meet local and regional needs using the skills gained in their classrooms. A small sampling of our efforts include McColl School of Business students providing pro bono consulting to budget-strapped nonprofits, nursing students helping staff a clinic for the homeless, and dozens of undergraduate students organizing anti-hunger campaigns and mentoring at-risk children.
Clearly, the Queens community lives out our motto - "Not to be served, but to serve."
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013
- New Online Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Inaugural MS in Executive Coaching Class Graduates
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Spring MSOD Capstone Presentations
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- Queens Inducts New Trustees Emeriti