Queens faculty members win national award for infographic
Mike Wirth and Suzanne Cooper-Guasco win for “How Our Laws Are Made” and earn media buzz
Two professors from Queens University of Charlotte recently won a $5,000 national award for an infographic they created to explain that complicated process.
"How Our Laws Are Made" was designed by Mike Wirth, assistant professor of new media design, and Dr. Suzanne Cooper Guasco, associate professor and Chair of the History Department at Queens. They won the top prize in the contest to describe how a bill becomes a law. The "Design for America" contest was sponsored by Sunlight Labs, and the winners were announced at the Gov 2.0 Expo in Washington, D.C. on May 27.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Student Perseveres Despite Uncertain Future
- Fall 2016 Knight School Dean's List
- Faculty, Alumna Recognized by CharlotteFive for Blogs
- Andrea B. Smith Named Queens' 2016 BusinessWoman of the Year
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners
- Davis and Gatterdam Awarded for Philanthropy
- General Hayden and Sir John Scarlett Discuss National Security at Learning Society Event
- Dr. Lyons Named 2016 North Carolina Sport Management Coalition Educator of the Year
- Queens Begins Construction on Region’s First World-Class Field Hockey Facility
- Queens Unveils Lounge for Veteran and Military Students