Queens faculty members win national award for infographic
Mike Wirth and Suzanne Cooper-Guasco win for “How Our Laws Are Made” and earn media buzz
Two professors from Queens University of Charlotte recently won a $5,000 national award for an infographic they created to explain that complicated process.
"How Our Laws Are Made" was designed by Mike Wirth, assistant professor of new media design, and Dr. Suzanne Cooper Guasco, associate professor and Chair of the History Department at Queens. They won the top prize in the contest to describe how a bill becomes a law. The "Design for America" contest was sponsored by Sunlight Labs, and the winners were announced at the Gov 2.0 Expo in Washington, D.C. on May 27.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Queens Recognized as Top Fundraising School for St. Jude's
- Students Gain Valuable Experience at Seacrest Studios Internship
- Quest for Wonder
- Queens Holds First STEM Camp
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Queens Hosts Under Armour All-America Camp
- Queens to Break Ground on State-of-the-Art Tennis Center
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School