Queens to host College Reading and Learning Association conference
Queens University of Charlotte on March 10, 2010 will host the Mid-South Regional Conference for the The College Reading and Learning Association.
This year's conference theme is "Fighting Isolation through Program Integration: An Integrated Approach to Academic Success." Areas of focus will include:
- Partnerships across campus - R(x) for Success, Journey of Champions, Student Support Team
- Retention Initiatives - Reporting Loop, Academic Advising, CSI - Queens
- Student Disabilities Services for the comprehensive University
- Tutor training and certification
- Center relevance - Communication and Collaboration across campus
Guest speaker Tina Barnes will talk about training and development toward tutor certification.
To register, contact Ulrike W. Miles, director of The Center for Academic Success at Queens:
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is a group of student-oriented professionals active in the fields of reading, learning assistance, tutorial services, and developmental education at the college/adult level. Inherently diverse in membership, CRLA's most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members. The Mid-Atlantic Region Conference offers a time- and cost-effective opportunity for learning assistance professionals and paraprofessionals to accomplish this purpose.
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm
- Dean Eric Freedman appointed to the Library Board of Trustees
- The Duke Endowment awards Queens a $478,593 research grant
- Queens takes part in the Campus Election Engagement Project
- Internship & Career Programs Welcomes Jennifer Hull, Assistant Director
- Second Novel Book Deal
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014
- Wildacres 2014