Queens to host College Reading and Learning Association conference
Queens University of Charlotte on March 10, 2010 will host the Mid-South Regional Conference for the The College Reading and Learning Association.
This year's conference theme is "Fighting Isolation through Program Integration: An Integrated Approach to Academic Success." Areas of focus will include:
- Partnerships across campus - R(x) for Success, Journey of Champions, Student Support Team
- Retention Initiatives - Reporting Loop, Academic Advising, CSI - Queens
- Student Disabilities Services for the comprehensive University
- Tutor training and certification
- Center relevance - Communication and Collaboration across campus
Guest speaker Tina Barnes will talk about training and development toward tutor certification.
To register, contact Ulrike W. Miles, director of The Center for Academic Success at Queens:
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is a group of student-oriented professionals active in the fields of reading, learning assistance, tutorial services, and developmental education at the college/adult level. Inherently diverse in membership, CRLA's most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members. The Mid-Atlantic Region Conference offers a time- and cost-effective opportunity for learning assistance professionals and paraprofessionals to accomplish this purpose.
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte
- Schmoozapalooza Offers Networking Opportunities for Students and Alumni
- Queens Hosts Adaptive First Swim Clinic
- Queens Becomes Official Affiliate of Hillel International
- Queens Students Raise $26,000 for St. Jude and Become Top Fundraising School in the Southeast
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete
- The Dean's Digest - March 2015