Queens to host College Reading and Learning Association conference
Queens University of Charlotte on March 10, 2010 will host the Mid-South Regional Conference for the The College Reading and Learning Association.
This year's conference theme is "Fighting Isolation through Program Integration: An Integrated Approach to Academic Success." Areas of focus will include:
- Partnerships across campus - R(x) for Success, Journey of Champions, Student Support Team
- Retention Initiatives - Reporting Loop, Academic Advising, CSI - Queens
- Student Disabilities Services for the comprehensive University
- Tutor training and certification
- Center relevance - Communication and Collaboration across campus
Guest speaker Tina Barnes will talk about training and development toward tutor certification.
To register, contact Ulrike W. Miles, director of The Center for Academic Success at Queens:
The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is a group of student-oriented professionals active in the fields of reading, learning assistance, tutorial services, and developmental education at the college/adult level. Inherently diverse in membership, CRLA's most vital function and overall purpose is to provide a forum for the interchange of ideas, methods, and information to improve student learning and to facilitate the professional growth of its members. The Mid-Atlantic Region Conference offers a time- and cost-effective opportunity for learning assistance professionals and paraprofessionals to accomplish this purpose.
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers
- Alumnus Brian Williams '09 Featured in Creative Loafing