Queens to host panel discussion about women’s history
Speakers include faculty from Davidson College and Yale University
Come join a candid conversation about the history of women in America sponsored by The Department of History at Queens University of Charlotte on March 16, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
Sally McMillen, the Babcock Professor of History at Davidson College, and Robin Morris, a Queens alumna and an emerging scholar of the contemporary women's rights movement from Yale University, will discuss their experiences as historians of women's history and how their study of the women's rights movement of the 19th and 20th centuries has shaped the contemporary discussion of the place of women in American society.
This event is also sponsored by Phi Alpha Theta, Student Life at Queens, English Department Chair Emily Seelbinder and the Creative Crossroads Fund.
Want to go?
"Writing Women back into History" - A Panel Discussion
Tuesday, March 16, 4:30-6 p.m.
Sykes Auditorium at Queens University of Charlotte
Free and open to the public.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement