Queens to host panel discussion about women’s history
Speakers include faculty from Davidson College and Yale University
Come join a candid conversation about the history of women in America sponsored by The Department of History at Queens University of Charlotte on March 16, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
Sally McMillen, the Babcock Professor of History at Davidson College, and Robin Morris, a Queens alumna and an emerging scholar of the contemporary women's rights movement from Yale University, will discuss their experiences as historians of women's history and how their study of the women's rights movement of the 19th and 20th centuries has shaped the contemporary discussion of the place of women in American society.
This event is also sponsored by Phi Alpha Theta, Student Life at Queens, English Department Chair Emily Seelbinder and the Creative Crossroads Fund.
Want to go?
"Writing Women back into History" - A Panel Discussion
Tuesday, March 16, 4:30-6 p.m.
Sykes Auditorium at Queens University of Charlotte
Free and open to the public.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens