Queens to host panel discussion about women’s history
Speakers include faculty from Davidson College and Yale University
Come join a candid conversation about the history of women in America sponsored by The Department of History at Queens University of Charlotte on March 16, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.
Sally McMillen, the Babcock Professor of History at Davidson College, and Robin Morris, a Queens alumna and an emerging scholar of the contemporary women's rights movement from Yale University, will discuss their experiences as historians of women's history and how their study of the women's rights movement of the 19th and 20th centuries has shaped the contemporary discussion of the place of women in American society.
This event is also sponsored by Phi Alpha Theta, Student Life at Queens, English Department Chair Emily Seelbinder and the Creative Crossroads Fund.
Want to go?
"Writing Women back into History" - A Panel Discussion
Tuesday, March 16, 4:30-6 p.m.
Sykes Auditorium at Queens University of Charlotte
Free and open to the public.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article
- Multimedia Concert of Bach's Cello Suite