Remembering Roger McGrath
The Queens community mourns the passing of Professor Roger McGrath.
Dr. McGrath is best known for his teaching in the McColl School of Business and in the undergraduate Core program. He had been a member of the Queens community for the past 16 years. Prior to his tenure at Queens, he was a member of the faculty at the University of Florida and Florida State University.
Although he was very proud of his military service, he never spoke much about it. Many would be surprised to know he was a highly decorated veteran. He rose to the rank of Colonel in the Army Special Forces. He was awarded the Purple Heart, three Bronze Stars, and two Silver Stars. The Silver Star is the third highest military award and carries the inscription "For Gallantry in Action."
Dr. McGrath was an author, researcher, and business practitioner, serving on several business and community service boards. He will be remembered for his quit wit, his love of the intellectual debate, his true caring for students, and his passion for teaching. He was loved and respected by staff, faculty, and students.
A memorial service will be scheduled at Queens sometime during the spring semester. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the McColl School Excellence Fund, c/o Queens University, to award a scholarship in his name.
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014
- Queens announces addition of NCAA Division II women's field hockey program
- The Entrepreneur Leadership Circle holds its 2014 Hall of Fame induction event
- Dr. Roger Baumgarte, author of "Friends Beyond Borders," to present at Queens
- Triathlete Holly Annas '12 demonstrates world-class endurance and enthusiasm