Remembering Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones
The entire Queens community extends condolences to the families of Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones, former Queens trustees.
Grier served Queens faithfully for 41 years and received the highest possible honors from the university: Life Trustee, Chairman Emeritus (1974-1982), Secretary, Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, and Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award.
Jones also was a faithful and dedicated servant to Queens for many years, serving as a trustee. He was named a Life Trustee upon completing his active service, and he received the Algernon Sydney Sullivan award with his wife Lou.
We are so grateful for their leadership and lasting contributions to Queens.
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers
- Alumnus Brian Williams '09 Featured in Creative Loafing