Remembering Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones
The entire Queens community extends condolences to the families of Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones, former Queens trustees.
Grier served Queens faithfully for 41 years and received the highest possible honors from the university: Life Trustee, Chairman Emeritus (1974-1982), Secretary, Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, and Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award.
Jones also was a faithful and dedicated servant to Queens for many years, serving as a trustee. He was named a Life Trustee upon completing his active service, and he received the Algernon Sydney Sullivan award with his wife Lou.
We are so grateful for their leadership and lasting contributions to Queens.
- Queens announces 2015 commencement speakers
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Royals Swim Team Featured on WCCB Charlotte
- Schmoozapalooza Offers Networking Opportunities for Students and Alumni
- Queens Hosts Adaptive First Swim Clinic
- Queens Becomes Official Affiliate of Hillel International
- Queens Students Raise $26,000 for St. Jude and Become Top Fundraising School in the Southeast
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- The McColl School of Business Announces New Executive Director of Executive Leadership
- Royals Field Hockey Signs First Student-Athlete