Remembering Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones
The entire Queens community extends condolences to the families of Joe Grier Jr. and Edwin Jones, former Queens trustees.
Grier served Queens faithfully for 41 years and received the highest possible honors from the university: Life Trustee, Chairman Emeritus (1974-1982), Secretary, Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, and Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award.
Jones also was a faithful and dedicated servant to Queens for many years, serving as a trustee. He was named a Life Trustee upon completing his active service, and he received the Algernon Sydney Sullivan award with his wife Lou.
We are so grateful for their leadership and lasting contributions to Queens.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon