Students Participate in the 2014 South Carolina Bankers Association Banking Career 101
The Young Bankers Division of the South Carolina Bankers Association hosts an annual forum - Banking Careers 101 - to help students with an interest in banking, finance and accounting learn more about the financial services industry.
Tracy Grooms, Director of Banking Initiatives for the McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte, along with six students traveled to Columbia, SC for the event on Tuesday, April 1st. Tracy said that it was a valuable experience, and the students were able to learn more about potential careers in banking ranging from Wealth Management to Commercial Lending to support functions of Compliance and Loan Administration and more. She also congratulated the students for taking the time to invest in their futures and being representatives of Queens University of Charlotte.
At the event, students broke into groups to hear presentations, interact and receive guidance from bankers across different areas and departments within the industry. "I found the knowledge given most beneficial, because I was able to see deeper into how the banking industry works," said Joby Gymph, a Queens' sophomore.
Student representatives: Paula Barreto, Joby Glymph, David Mason, Daniel Merino, Cristina Ortiz, Megan Wagner
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2016 Commencement
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Graduate's Sisters Rally Around Her
- Commencement 2016
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships
- Queens Celebrates Leaders at Student Life Awards