Event InformationBack to Event Listings
SHRM Essentials® of HR ManagementMay 10, 2012 - May 11, 2012 8:30 AM - 4:30 PMQueens University of Charlotte (1900 Selwyn Ave.) – Sykes 228
The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management is an introductory two-day course offering a complete overview of human resource (HR) roles and responsibilities. If you are just starting out in the profession, or are looking for an effective way to boost your employee management skills, this program is for you!
Sharpen your HR skills to face today's HR issues.
HR issues impact every company in some way. That's why it's important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the leading global HR professional organization. They developed the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course, which provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program, offered in partnership with SHRM through Queens University of Charlotte covers the key HR topics you need to know.
Small investment in quality training, big payback.
Backed by SHRM's track record of providing quality HR training, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In 15 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce potentially costly lawsuits.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners and legal counsel, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward delivery ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real life situations.
Along with classroom interaction with peers and the instructor, case study exercises threaded throughout the program provide opportunities to practice applying newly acquired HR skills during training prior to using them on the job.
Build a solid foundation in HR management skills.
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, on-boarding, professional development, and training.
Who can benefit from the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides a solid foundation in human resource management and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
- Job seekers who are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume with HR skills
Value of the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course
- Time-efficient and comprehensive: One training program covers vital HR topics in 15 training hours.
- Focused learning and professional development: Condensed format, online study tools, and guidance of an instructor help students stay on track.
- Peer and instructor interaction: Network and gain real-world insights into HR while learning the content.
- Cost-effective: All students need to learn about the basics of HR in one training source
- Proven training from the leading HR association: SHRM is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. SHRM educational programs are developed according to the highest quality standards and are regularly updated to reflect changes in legislation and HR polices.