Praise for Sally Keith's Latest Poetry Collection
In November, faculty member Sally Keith's collection of poetry, The Fact of the Matter, will be published by Milkweed Editions. The collection has already received praised for its thoughtful speaker and lyrical beauty amongst creative madness.
The collection asks the reader to exert themselves onto the world, while taking a glance inward through poems. The poems contain references to the classics and to the modern day, weaving together strip malls and Achilles. Publisher's Weekly's review of the poems says,
"At their best, these acrobatic movements from one fact or phrase to a disparate other are not whimsical non sequiturs but revelations bridging history and the inner life. For Keith, discoveries in any discipline-from physics to painting-push humanity forward."
A review at The Rumpus says,
"Keith, in what is ultimately a postmodern lyric, is in the bargaining stage of her mourning. She mourns the very fact of our collective mourning, which is an inevitable part of history, personal and otherwise."
The Fact of the Matter is Keith's third collection of poetry. Her first collection, Design, won the 2000 Colorado Prize for Poetry. She has been the recipient of a Pushcart Prize and a fellowship at the Virginia Center for Creative Arts. Her poetry has been published, among others, in the Colorado Review, Denver Quarterly, and Literary Imagination.
In addition to teaching in the MFA program at Queens, Keith is also on the faculty of the MFA program at George Mason University in Washington DC.
Michelle Tabler is an intern with the MFA Program. She is a senior Creative Writing major at Queens.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement