Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
On Friday, April 11 Queens' Alumni Relations and Internship and Career Programs hosted Schmoozapalooza, a networking event that gathered together more than 30 companies, from non-profits all the way to Fortune 1000, on Queens' campus. The goal was to provide students and alumni with connections for potential jobs and internships.
Participating organizations included Wells Fargo, Carolinas HealthCare System and Bank of America, just to name a few. The event was well attended by Queens undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni.
Angela Tsuei-Strause, director of Internship and Career Programs, said the event was "proof of the power of networking." One student was amazed she was able to establish potential contacts in San Francisco, where she hopes to work someday, just by networking with the March of Dimes representative at Schmoozapalooza. The event is another example of the importance Queens places on guiding and assisting students while in school and throughout their careers.
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking
- Father and Son Contribute to Queens' Basketball Success
- Chi Omega Raises $6,000 to Grant a Little Girl's Wish