Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
On Friday, April 11 Queens' Alumni Relations and Internship and Career Programs hosted Schmoozapalooza, a networking event that gathered together more than 30 companies, from non-profits all the way to Fortune 1000, on Queens' campus. The goal was to provide students and alumni with connections for potential jobs and internships.
Participating organizations included Wells Fargo, Carolinas HealthCare System and Bank of America, just to name a few. The event was well attended by Queens undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni.
Angela Tsuei-Strause, director of Internship and Career Programs, said the event was "proof of the power of networking." One student was amazed she was able to establish potential contacts in San Francisco, where she hopes to work someday, just by networking with the March of Dimes representative at Schmoozapalooza. The event is another example of the importance Queens places on guiding and assisting students while in school and throughout their careers.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List
- MBA and MSOD Programs Recognized in CBJ