Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
On Friday, April 11 Queens' Alumni Relations and Internship and Career Programs hosted Schmoozapalooza, a networking event that gathered together more than 30 companies, from non-profits all the way to Fortune 1000, on Queens' campus. The goal was to provide students and alumni with connections for potential jobs and internships.
Participating organizations included Wells Fargo, Carolinas HealthCare System and Bank of America, just to name a few. The event was well attended by Queens undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni.
Angela Tsuei-Strause, director of Internship and Career Programs, said the event was "proof of the power of networking." One student was amazed she was able to establish potential contacts in San Francisco, where she hopes to work someday, just by networking with the March of Dimes representative at Schmoozapalooza. The event is another example of the importance Queens places on guiding and assisting students while in school and throughout their careers.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement