Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
On Friday, April 11 Queens' Alumni Relations and Internship and Career Programs hosted Schmoozapalooza, a networking event that gathered together more than 30 companies, from non-profits all the way to Fortune 1000, on Queens' campus. The goal was to provide students and alumni with connections for potential jobs and internships.
Participating organizations included Wells Fargo, Carolinas HealthCare System and Bank of America, just to name a few. The event was well attended by Queens undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni.
Angela Tsuei-Strause, director of Internship and Career Programs, said the event was "proof of the power of networking." One student was amazed she was able to establish potential contacts in San Francisco, where she hopes to work someday, just by networking with the March of Dimes representative at Schmoozapalooza. The event is another example of the importance Queens places on guiding and assisting students while in school and throughout their careers.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie