Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
On Friday, April 11 Queens' Alumni Relations and Internship and Career Programs hosted Schmoozapalooza, a networking event that gathered together more than 30 companies, from non-profits all the way to Fortune 1000, on Queens' campus. The goal was to provide students and alumni with connections for potential jobs and internships.
Participating organizations included Wells Fargo, Carolinas HealthCare System and Bank of America, just to name a few. The event was well attended by Queens undergraduate and graduate students, as well as alumni.
Angela Tsuei-Strause, director of Internship and Career Programs, said the event was "proof of the power of networking." One student was amazed she was able to establish potential contacts in San Francisco, where she hopes to work someday, just by networking with the March of Dimes representative at Schmoozapalooza. The event is another example of the importance Queens places on guiding and assisting students while in school and throughout their careers.
- International Teacher Training Develops Leadership and Cultural Competencies Skills in Pre-service Teachers
- Queens Announces University Snapchat Account
- Women's Basketball Team Partners with Samaritan's Feet to Provide Kids With Shoes
- Science Methods Students Lead Science Club at Pinewood Genius Hour
- Queens Receives $2 Million Gift to Establish Preyer Honors and Fellows Programs
- Cato Student Research Leads to Pursuing Grant
- Queens Alumni Assist 'The Lunch Project' Feed Children, Better Their Education
- Freshmen Connect Through Interfaith Urban Immersion Experience
- Queens Participates in Heart Walk, Supports American Heart Association
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens