A Day for Thanks and Celebration
Scholars Luncheon brings students and scholarship donors together each spring
On April 2, 2014, alumni, students and friends gathered on campus for Queens' 10th annual Scholars Luncheon. This event celebrates the commitment and generosity of scholarship donors. Last year, 810 bright, talented students benefitted from such scholarships. Many attended the luncheon and enjoyed spending time with those who have helped make their Queens experience possible.
Through a video presentation featuring Courtney Walker '14 and remarks from Sean Lindsey '15, attendees learned of the life-changing opportunities afforded to these students as scholarship recipients. Sean, an aspiring teacher who will travel to Ecuador through the John Belk International Program this summer, enthusiastically expressed his gratitude.
The Scholars Luncheon is among the most special, celebratory events on the Queens calendar. President Pamela Davies thanked all in attendance and recognized those who have established scholarships within the past year. Fred Lowrance told attendees about his wife Sallie Moore Lowrance '70's Queens experience. This inspired in her a lifelong passion for community service and inspired Fred to leave a legacy through scholarship by establishing the Sallie Moore Lowrance '70 Endowed Trustee Scholarship last year. Lowrance closed his remarks by referencing a photo of the Queens seal, pointing out the lamp and flame in its center which symbolize learning. He emphasized the importance of passing this flame, ensuring that it will burn brightly for future generations of Queens students.
- Queens Alumni Assist 'The Lunch Project' Feed Children, Better Their Education
- Freshmen Connect Through Interfaith Urban Immersion Experience
- Queens Participates in Heart Walk, Supports American Heart Association
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens
- Cato Call for Third-Party Comments
- Online MSN Program Alumna First to Earn CNL Certification
- Forty Organizations Attend Non-Profit Volunteer and Internship Fair
- MFA Alumna Amy Bagwell Inspires Others through "The Wall Poems of Charlotte"
- MSOD Community Leadership Project Seeks Donations
- McColl School of Business Welcomes New Dean Richard Mathieu