A Day for Thanks and Celebration
Scholars Luncheon brings students and scholarship donors together each spring
On April 2, 2014, alumni, students and friends gathered on campus for Queens' 10th annual Scholars Luncheon. This event celebrates the commitment and generosity of scholarship donors. Last year, 810 bright, talented students benefitted from such scholarships. Many attended the luncheon and enjoyed spending time with those who have helped make their Queens experience possible.
Through a video presentation featuring Courtney Walker '14 and remarks from Sean Lindsey '15, attendees learned of the life-changing opportunities afforded to these students as scholarship recipients. Sean, an aspiring teacher who will travel to Ecuador through the John Belk International Program this summer, enthusiastically expressed his gratitude.
The Scholars Luncheon is among the most special, celebratory events on the Queens calendar. President Pamela Davies thanked all in attendance and recognized those who have established scholarships within the past year. Fred Lowrance told attendees about his wife Sallie Moore Lowrance '70's Queens experience. This inspired in her a lifelong passion for community service and inspired Fred to leave a legacy through scholarship by establishing the Sallie Moore Lowrance '70 Endowed Trustee Scholarship last year. Lowrance closed his remarks by referencing a photo of the Queens seal, pointing out the lamp and flame in its center which symbolize learning. He emphasized the importance of passing this flame, ensuring that it will burn brightly for future generations of Queens students.
- Students Participate in Model Organization of American States in D.C.
- Queens Announces 2017 Commencement Speaker
- Queens Student-Athlete's Triumph Over Cancer Featured on CNN Health Study
- Students Raise Nearly $20,000 for St. Jude Up 'til Dawn
- Queens' Veterans Support Featured in Charlotte Business Journal
- Queens Mourns the Passing of Porter B. Byrum
- Queens Designated As Voter Friendly Campus
- Business Continuity Management Course Offers Best Practices for Disaster Recovery
- Queens Adds Women's and Men's Rugby
- Queens Adds Baseball To Athletics