School of Communication Hosts Annual Picnic
The School of Communication hosted its first annual spring picnic on Monday, April 20, 2009 in the academic quad outside the Dana building. Communication majors from all three programs (undergraduate, Hayworth, and graduate) attended the event in honor of the graduating class of 2009. The event was hosted by the faculty and staff of the school, all of whom were in attendance. Van King, dean of the School of Communication, addressed the candidates for graduation and invited them to continue to be a part of the school after graduation.
In addition, Karen Shearer Dunn, assistant professor of communication, was honored by the students of Lambda Pi Eta national honor society at the picnic. The honor students selected Professor Dunn to receive the Lambda Pi Eta Award for exemplary service to the School of Communication for her expertise in teaching and her leadership in 2008-2009 during a time of transition from a department to a school. Congratulations to Professor Dunn on this honor.
School of Communication students celebrate with Professor Karen Dunn after she washonored with the 2009 Lambda Pi Eta Award for exemplary service to the School of Communication.
- Thesis on Social Media Evolves Into Publication
- Queens Students Published on WCNC
- Dr. McArthur Shares Insight into PokemonGo
- Communication Student Wins 2016 Outstanding Journalism Award
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Announces 2016 Commencement Speakers
- MA Comm Faculty, Alumna Publish Research
- Knight Foundation Provides Grant to Knight School of Communication
- Guest Susan Crawford Discusses Civic Engagement in Technology