Queens earns second place in national social media contest
In 2010, a national college research website ranked Queens as one of America's most innovative institutions in terms of social media practices. Now, we've earned a second place Shorty Award, as a best producer of short content on social media (categories range from Actor/Actress to Government to College).
The Shorty Award's #college category recognizes institutions of higher learning that use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, to effective engage with students, and - most importantly - demonstrate school spirit. Queens earned second place just behind Butler University, and ranked ahead of The University of Florida, Roanoke College, Boston University's School of Communication, Syracuse University, and several other schools.
- Queens Student Sells Jewelry to Raise Money for the Dominican Republic
- Royals Swimmer Working Toward Olympic Team
- Case Competition Scholarship Leads Mitchel Sayers '16 to Excel at McColl School
- Queens Welcomes Four More to its Growing Triathlon Team
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement