Queens earns second place in national social media contest
In 2010, a national college research website ranked Queens as one of America's most innovative institutions in terms of social media practices. Now, we've earned a second place Shorty Award, as a best producer of short content on social media (categories range from Actor/Actress to Government to College).
The Shorty Award's #college category recognizes institutions of higher learning that use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, to effective engage with students, and - most importantly - demonstrate school spirit. Queens earned second place just behind Butler University, and ranked ahead of The University of Florida, Roanoke College, Boston University's School of Communication, Syracuse University, and several other schools.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice
- The Learning Society Shapes Intellectual Dialogue by Hosting Sir Salman Rushdie