David Singer becomes chair of McColl School Board of Advisors
Charlotte, N.C. - Lance Inc. CEO David Singer was recently elected chairman of the Board of Advisors for the McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte.
"David Singer is a superb businessman who brings wonderful insight about developing good culture and leadership," said Terry Broderick, dean of the McColl School. "He is an inspiration, having transformed his company, and offers a lot of wisdom. We look forward to continuing to learn from him."
Singer has been a board member since 2005, and replaces Ernie Reigel, chairman of Moore Van Allen, as its chair.
"The McColl School has increasingly become recognized as a place of ideas, and much of this success can be attributed to its dean, Terry Broderick, and the experienced, passionate and engaged faculty," Singer said. "Under Terry's leadership, the McColl School has attracted a high quality Board of Advisors that serves as a sounding board and idea generator, and I am honored to be a part of this board."
The Board of Advisors helps shape the McColl School's strategic plan and has developed new programs such as the CEO Forum and "Food for Thought" lunch lecture series. It also guides branding initiatives. The board meets four times each year, and members are leaders nominated from a diverse range of professional backgrounds including from nonprofit organizations.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,700 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article