David Singer becomes chair of McColl School Board of Advisors
Charlotte, N.C. - Lance Inc. CEO David Singer was recently elected chairman of the Board of Advisors for the McColl School of Business at Queens University of Charlotte.
"David Singer is a superb businessman who brings wonderful insight about developing good culture and leadership," said Terry Broderick, dean of the McColl School. "He is an inspiration, having transformed his company, and offers a lot of wisdom. We look forward to continuing to learn from him."
Singer has been a board member since 2005, and replaces Ernie Reigel, chairman of Moore Van Allen, as its chair.
"The McColl School has increasingly become recognized as a place of ideas, and much of this success can be attributed to its dean, Terry Broderick, and the experienced, passionate and engaged faculty," Singer said. "Under Terry's leadership, the McColl School has attracted a high quality Board of Advisors that serves as a sounding board and idea generator, and I am honored to be a part of this board."
The Board of Advisors helps shape the McColl School's strategic plan and has developed new programs such as the CEO Forum and "Food for Thought" lunch lecture series. It also guides branding initiatives. The board meets four times each year, and members are leaders nominated from a diverse range of professional backgrounds including from nonprofit organizations.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,700 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, Hayworth College for Adult Studies and the Andrew Blair College of Health which features the Presbyterian School of Nursing.
- Science Faculty, Students Participate in State NC Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Megan Wagner '16 Lands Internship-to-Career Opportunity at Siemens Energy
- Charlotte Agenda Declares Men's Basketball Team as 'Charlotte's Team'
- Holly Lane '15 Wins 'Best Student Film' at 100 Words Film Festival
- President Davies Receives Excellence in Leadership Award
- Sally Van Cleve '17 Receives Community Impact Award
- Students Conduct Mock Interviews with Employer Volunteers
- Queens Women's Triathlon Team Wins National Title in First Year
- Generous Gift Positions Queens as Leader in Social Justice