Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- Professor Morri Creech's New Book Reviewed
- Students participate in model simulation of the Organization of American States
- Queens Partners with the Carolina Raptor Center to Host a Bird Biology Workshop
- Professor Suzanne Watts Henderson Presents Paper
- Infinite Possibilities
- Mike Wirth & Suzanne Cooper-Guasco Create Infographic
- Reed Perkins has Yap Grant Approved