Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Professor Suzanne Henderson aims to help Christians reclaim the earliest roots of their faith
- Dr. Galleno's Article Published
- Dr. Perkins and Students Present at Symposium
- Charles Israel Has a Recent Story Published
- Professor Mullis' Essay Published
- Draw On Your Brain Power
- The Unexpected
- Queens' MFA Program Outshines Competition at Literary Awards
- Charles Israel, Jr. Has Short Story Published
- Dr. Collins and Student Co-present in New Mexico