Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Queens Faculty Demonstrate Expertise on WFAE, Other Sources
- Alumna Named Georgia's Elementary Science Teacher of the Year
- Queens Announces First Destination Report
- Funderburk Publishes Poetry, MFA Faculty Named Genius Award Winners
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Dr. Paul Nitsch Featured in Charlotte Magazine
- Conceptual Era Places Emphasis on Liberal Arts
- Dr. Commins Named Engaged Faculty Scholar for 2016-17
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities