Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Students Present Geospatial Science Projects to Charlotte Community Officials
- Music Therapy Students and Faculty Present at American Music Therapy Association Conference
- Faculty-Student Duo Present Research at Annual South Atlantic Modern Language Conference
- Science Faculty, Students Participate in NC Undergraduate Research & Creativity Symposium
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Kate Gatterdam '16 Named 2015 Barnhill Civic Trailblazer Award Recipient
- Composer Malek Jandali '97 Discusses the Importance of His Liberal Arts Education