Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Dr. Paul Nitsch Featured in Charlotte Magazine
- Conceptual Era Places Emphasis on Liberal Arts
- Dr. Commins Named Engaged Faculty Scholar for 2016-17
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities
- Faculty-Student Project Produces, Fires Wood Kiln
- Dr. Perkins, Queens Students Work with Community to Improve Water Quality
- MFA Faculty, Alumni Continue Success
- History Students Receive Awards on Research
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award