Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association
March 29-31 about 250 music therapists and students were in town for the annual Southeastern Regional Conference of the American Music Therapy Association.
- Dr. Becky Engen was the local conference chair and presented "The 2011 Fifth Edition CBMT Recertification Manual: New Options and Opportunities."
- Dr. Varvara Pasiali was co-chair of the Hospitality Committee and presented, "Show Me the Music: Simple Improvisational Techniques to Rev up Your Practice."
- Clinical Supervisors Meg Johnson, Annelle Wilder, Anna-Catherine Fowler and Sabrina Williams had leadership roles and coordinated students to assist in the smooth running of the conference.
- Dr. Cathy Anderson was the keynote speaker at "For Music Therapists: This is Your Brain on Creativity."
- The Human Triptych Collective featured Dr. Eric Mullis and other Charlotte area musicians and dance artists performing at the opening session.
- Bob Teixeira and his wife, Tanja, performed during the awards luncheon.
- Chuck Wendig '98 Conjures the Force to Discuss His 'Star Wars' Novel
- Kate Gatterdam '16 Named 2015 Barnhill Civic Trailblazer Award Recipient
- Composer Malek Jandali '97 Discusses the Importance of His Liberal Arts Education
- Famed Horowitz Piano Comes to Queens
- MFA Alumna Amy Bagwell Inspires Others through "The Wall Poems of Charlotte"
- Malek Jandali '97 Attributes Success to Queens Education
- Quest for Wonder
- Alumnus Malek Jandali is Honored as a 2015 Great Immigrant - The Pride of America
- Dr. Suzanne Henderson to Participate in Teaching Interfaith Understanding Seminar
- Queens Participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States