Students to perform irreverent comedy by popular scriptwriter Alan Ball
Ball is best known for his screenplays for 'American Beauty' and 'Six Feet Under'
Senior Kat Martin will direct a student cast in "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress" at Queens University of Charlotte Feb. 25-28. The irreverent and touching comedy is set at a Tennessee wedding reception, and is full of bridesmaid bedlam, angst, romance, envy and misbehavior. The author of this popular play is Alan Ball, who is best known for award-winning movie and television screenplays including "American Beauty" and "Six Feet Under." "It's a play that shows the grittiness of the modern human condition," Martin said. "I'm excited to tackle mature themes."
Tickets are $6 at the door. The Hadley Theater is located on the Queens campus, in the back wing of Myers Park Traditional School, 2132 Radcliffe Ave.
Want to go?
"Five Women Wearing the Same Dress"
By Alan Ball
Feb. 25-27 at 8 p.m.
Feb. 28 at 2 p.m.
Tickets $6 at the door
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Truly Connected City Takes More Than Google Fiber
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.