Students to perform irreverent comedy by popular scriptwriter Alan Ball
Ball is best known for his screenplays for 'American Beauty' and 'Six Feet Under'
Senior Kat Martin will direct a student cast in "Five Women Wearing the Same Dress" at Queens University of Charlotte Feb. 25-28. The irreverent and touching comedy is set at a Tennessee wedding reception, and is full of bridesmaid bedlam, angst, romance, envy and misbehavior. The author of this popular play is Alan Ball, who is best known for award-winning movie and television screenplays including "American Beauty" and "Six Feet Under." "It's a play that shows the grittiness of the modern human condition," Martin said. "I'm excited to tackle mature themes."
Tickets are $6 at the door. The Hadley Theater is located on the Queens campus, in the back wing of Myers Park Traditional School, 2132 Radcliffe Ave.
Want to go?
"Five Women Wearing the Same Dress"
By Alan Ball
Feb. 25-27 at 8 p.m.
Feb. 28 at 2 p.m.
Tickets $6 at the door
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-ed, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university with a commitment to both liberal arts and professional studies. Located in the heart of historic Charlotte, Queens serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students through its College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Presbyterian School of Nursing, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the School of Communication and Hayworth College for Adult Studies.
|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Office of Marketing & Community Relations
Queens University of Charlotte
1900 Selwyn Ave.
Charlotte, NC 28274
|Royals Athletics Contact:
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List
- MBA and MSOD Programs Recognized in CBJ
- Thesis on Social Media Evolves Into Publication