Summer 2011 Queens Interns Across the US and Around the Globe
From a hospital in Peru to a big four audit firm in South Africa, Queens University of Charlotte students are finding a world of valuable experiences this summer.
Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Science majors assist with medical research at Carolinas Medical Center and the Medical College of South Carolina, teach visitors at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences, and working on energy conservation projects for the City of Charlotte.
Radio stations, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations are using the talents of Queens Communication, Graphic Design, Art and Writing majors to develop websites, promotional events, and social media marketing strategies for galleries, media outlets, and sports academies.
Psychology, Sociology, and Human & Community Services majors serve their communities with nonprofits like the Autism Foundation of the Carolinas, Boys & Girls Clubs, Communities in Schools, and the Steele Creek Youth Network.
Large and small businesses rely on Queens interns to provide marketing, IT, finance, and management support for organizations such as Merrill Lynch, KPMG, Northwestern Mutual Finance, AFLAC, Ford Motor Company, and the National Whitewater Center. International interns are learning business strategies in places like Brazil, South Africa, and London.
Pre-law, Political Science, Languages, and International Studies students landed both domestic and international experiences for political organizations like Annie's List, nonprofits such as International House, and private law firms around the country.
At Queens, 100% of entering freshmen complete internships prior to graduation. The Internships & Career Programs at Queens has been ranked as a top ten program by US News & World Report. For details, visit our webpage at www.queens.edu/internships.
- Tiny preemies get a boost from live music therapy
- Queens Announces MFA Faculty Readings
- The Dean's Digest - May 2013
- New Online Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Inaugural MS in Executive Coaching Class Graduates
- Queens Combines Digital Media and Community Engagement in an Experiment of “Flash Philanthropy”
- Sarah Creech's Novel Debut
- Spring MSOD Capstone Presentations
- Dr. Kevin L. Burke Presents on Contracts and Incentives
- 2013 Commencement Speakers Each Have Made a Difference