Queens launches collegiate swim club to build on growing interest in swimming
Queens is pleased to announce the addition of a collegiate swim club starting this fall that will build on the growing interest in swimming at the university. In just four years since its launch, Royals Swimming has become a national powerhouse. This year, the team took third and fourth at the NCAA Division II Women's and Men's National Championships and won eight individual/relay titles.
This competitive club will be under the leadership of Head Swimming Coach and Director of Aquatics Jeff Dugdale and coordinated by John Long, an All-American, Olympic trial qualifier and Queens school record holder. Long graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science where he studied high intensity interval training (HIIT) for triathletes. Since then, he has continued to develop his coaching skills by working with Dugdale and SwimMAC CEO and Olympic Coach David Marsh.
The new Levine Center for Wellness & Recreation will provide a fun and challenging environment for the club. In addition, students will have many opportunities to take on leadership, management and volunteer roles at elite competitions such as the Charlotte Grand Prix. The club is set to be part of a competitive conference and will compete at the Collegiate Club Championships hosted by Georgia Tech.
For more information, please contact the club directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STARTALK Summer Program Offers High Schoolers Language Immersion Opportunities
- Faculty-Student Project Produces, Fires Wood Kiln
- Queens Military Students Welcome General Pace, Veterans to Campus
- Dr. Perkins, Queens Students Work with Community to Improve Water Quality
- Communication Student Wins 2016 Outstanding Journalism Award
- MFA Faculty, Alumni Continue Success
- History Students Receive Awards on Research
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements