Queens launches collegiate swim club to build on growing interest in swimming
Queens is pleased to announce the addition of a collegiate swim club starting this fall that will build on the growing interest in swimming at the university. In just four years since its launch, Royals Swimming has become a national powerhouse. This year, the team took third and fourth at the NCAA Division II Women's and Men's National Championships and won eight individual/relay titles.
This competitive club will be under the leadership of Head Swimming Coach and Director of Aquatics Jeff Dugdale and coordinated by John Long, an All-American, Olympic trial qualifier and Queens school record holder. Long graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science where he studied high intensity interval training (HIIT) for triathletes. Since then, he has continued to develop his coaching skills by working with Dugdale and SwimMAC CEO and Olympic Coach David Marsh.
The new Levine Center for Wellness & Recreation will provide a fun and challenging environment for the club. In addition, students will have many opportunities to take on leadership, management and volunteer roles at elite competitions such as the Charlotte Grand Prix. The club is set to be part of a competitive conference and will compete at the Collegiate Club Championships hosted by Georgia Tech.
For more information, please contact the club directly at email@example.com.
- Queens to Dedicate Porter B. Byrum Hall in Honor of Largest Gift in the University’s History
- Author Michael Lewis Shares His Thoughts on Wall Street
- Jeff Brown Named Ally CEO
- Jane McIntyre Named Charlotte's 2014 Woman of the Year
- Local Author Helen Weaver Speaks at Queens to Encourage Students' Fundraising Campaign for St. Jude
- The Dean's Digest - February 2015
- Queens to Expand and Enhance Knight School of Communication with $3 Million Gift
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Captivates Audience at Spring Convocation
- Professor Tosha Arriola Served as Event Chair for Mayor's Mentoring Alliance Ceremony
- MFA Events, Undergraduate Workshop Engage Community of Writers