"Tempest" production wins theatre awards
Andrew Frerichs, Kristen Lay and Brandon Samples each won awards from the Metrolina Theatre Association for their roles in the Queens production of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
Queens had received nine nominations in the college/university category from the MTA for its production of "The Tempest." Awards were presented at the 8th annual MTA Awards on Oct. 9.Samples won for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Male for his portrayal of Caliban, and Frerichs, with original compositions from Lay, won for Outstanding Sound Design.
Queens' nominations were:
Outstanding Production: The Tempest - Queens University of Charlotte
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Male: Brandon Samples (Caliban)
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Female: Rachael Kolodski (Ariel)
Outstanding Direction: Kara Wooten
Outstanding Set Design: Patrick Diebel
Outstanding Lighting Design: Cyd Knight
Outstanding Sound Design: Andrew Frerichs
Outstanding Choreography: Allison Bory
Outstanding Special Technical Effect: Niran Lohmaneeratana - Woodcut/Poster Design
- Dean Eric Freedman Profiled in Charlotte Agenda Series
- USA Triathlon Awards Queens a Grant to Develop Team and Strengthen Olympic Pipeline
- Queens Honors the Browns with Unveiling of Hall Brown Terrace
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2015 Commencement
- Chaplain Diane Mowrey Wins the 2015 Hunter Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- A Life of Service
- Congratulations Graduates of 2015!
- The Kathryn L. Grigg '87 Courtyard and Outdoor Classroom Adds Beauty to Campus
- Queens Students Cycle Across U.S. to Fundraise for Children with Disabilities.
- Queens Welcomes New Dean of Admissions Dr. Costas Solomou