"Tempest" production wins theatre awards
Andrew Frerichs, Kristen Lay and Brandon Samples each won awards from the Metrolina Theatre Association for their roles in the Queens production of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
Queens had received nine nominations in the college/university category from the MTA for its production of "The Tempest." Awards were presented at the 8th annual MTA Awards on Oct. 9.Samples won for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Male for his portrayal of Caliban, and Frerichs, with original compositions from Lay, won for Outstanding Sound Design.
Queens' nominations were:
Outstanding Production: The Tempest - Queens University of Charlotte
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Male: Brandon Samples (Caliban)
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Female: Rachael Kolodski (Ariel)
Outstanding Direction: Kara Wooten
Outstanding Set Design: Patrick Diebel
Outstanding Lighting Design: Cyd Knight
Outstanding Sound Design: Andrew Frerichs
Outstanding Choreography: Allison Bory
Outstanding Special Technical Effect: Niran Lohmaneeratana - Woodcut/Poster Design
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon
- The Writing Life: How a Queens professor fell in love with words
- Jay Bilas skills camp held at Queens
- Queens concludes football feasibility study
- Professor Bennett Speaks at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark