"Tempest" production wins theatre awards
Andrew Frerichs, Kristen Lay and Brandon Samples each won awards from the Metrolina Theatre Association for their roles in the Queens production of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
Queens had received nine nominations in the college/university category from the MTA for its production of "The Tempest." Awards were presented at the 8th annual MTA Awards on Oct. 9.Samples won for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Male for his portrayal of Caliban, and Frerichs, with original compositions from Lay, won for Outstanding Sound Design.
Queens' nominations were:
Outstanding Production: The Tempest - Queens University of Charlotte
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Male: Brandon Samples (Caliban)
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Female: Rachael Kolodski (Ariel)
Outstanding Direction: Kara Wooten
Outstanding Set Design: Patrick Diebel
Outstanding Lighting Design: Cyd Knight
Outstanding Sound Design: Andrew Frerichs
Outstanding Choreography: Allison Bory
Outstanding Special Technical Effect: Niran Lohmaneeratana - Woodcut/Poster Design
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article