"Tempest" production wins theatre awards
Andrew Frerichs, Kristen Lay and Brandon Samples each won awards from the Metrolina Theatre Association for their roles in the Queens production of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
Queens had received nine nominations in the college/university category from the MTA for its production of "The Tempest." Awards were presented at the 8th annual MTA Awards on Oct. 9.Samples won for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Male for his portrayal of Caliban, and Frerichs, with original compositions from Lay, won for Outstanding Sound Design.
Queens' nominations were:
Outstanding Production: The Tempest - Queens University of Charlotte
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Male: Brandon Samples (Caliban)
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Female: Rachael Kolodski (Ariel)
Outstanding Direction: Kara Wooten
Outstanding Set Design: Patrick Diebel
Outstanding Lighting Design: Cyd Knight
Outstanding Sound Design: Andrew Frerichs
Outstanding Choreography: Allison Bory
Outstanding Special Technical Effect: Niran Lohmaneeratana - Woodcut/Poster Design
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking
- Father and Son Contribute to Queens' Basketball Success