"Tempest" production wins theatre awards
Andrew Frerichs, Kristen Lay and Brandon Samples each won awards from the Metrolina Theatre Association for their roles in the Queens production of William Shakespeare's "The Tempest."
Queens had received nine nominations in the college/university category from the MTA for its production of "The Tempest." Awards were presented at the 8th annual MTA Awards on Oct. 9.Samples won for Outstanding Supporting Actor - Male for his portrayal of Caliban, and Frerichs, with original compositions from Lay, won for Outstanding Sound Design.
Queens' nominations were:
Outstanding Production: The Tempest - Queens University of Charlotte
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Male: Brandon Samples (Caliban)
Outstanding Supporting Actor-Female: Rachael Kolodski (Ariel)
Outstanding Direction: Kara Wooten
Outstanding Set Design: Patrick Diebel
Outstanding Lighting Design: Cyd Knight
Outstanding Sound Design: Andrew Frerichs
Outstanding Choreography: Allison Bory
Outstanding Special Technical Effect: Niran Lohmaneeratana - Woodcut/Poster Design
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading
- Ryan Lochte grants teen's wish by giving swimming lessons at the Levine Center pool
- Queens kicks off new online MBA with weekend residency
- Queens speakers offer up powerful advice at the Charlotte Chamber Power of Women event
- Men's basketball team begins season with exhibition game at NC State University
- Fridays are declared "Royal" at Queens
- Queens’ Presbyterian School of Nursing extends its application deadline