The King's Bible
For more than 20 years, one of Queens' most treasured archival possessions was used daily in the pulpit of Belk Chapel. It came from King George VI, the subject of "The King's Speech."
The beautiful leather bound Bible was sent to Queens in 1950 personally by King George VI, the father of Queen Elizabeth II. He ruled Great Britain from 1936 until his death in 1952. The Bible was used in every service in Belk Chapel until the 1970s when it was properly retired as a treasured part of the special collections in Everett Library.
Long-time Queens librarian Rena Harrell was a steadfast Anglophile and helped bring the Bible to Queens. It was delivered by the Minister of Education from the British Embassy in Washington.
It was the third gift of only four given to churches in the United States during King George's reign, making this treasure even more historically significant.
The movie won Best Picture at the 2011 Academy Awards and tells the story of the king's struggle with stuttering.
- Professor Morri Creech is named a Pulitzer Prize Finalist
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Student Carl Schlotman releases a book that helps students attain internships and jobs
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article