There's a new club in town, and it's making a big splash on campus
The Queens Rotaract Club began quietly last year with 10 members. The club has grown to more than 27 members this year and has made a big splash in the community. Rotaract provides students with volunteer opportunities, learning opportunities, leadership skills and the potential for meeting and interacting with local business people. The club participates in causes such as Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Coins for Alzheimer's Research Trust and volunteer tutoring for needy kids. One of their most successful ventures was the Million Dollar Dinner which raised close to four million dollars.
Rotaract strives to achieve an international flavor, and there are Rotaract and Rotary Clubs throughout the world. The Queens Rotaract Club is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Charlotte, and Lee Tabor is the on-campus sponsor. The club meets on campus every other week during the evenings. Everyone is welcome to join. For more information, contact Rotaract Club President Ashley Fox.
- Queens in Charlotte Magazine Coverage of SwimMAC CEO
- Queens Mourns the Loss of Phyllis Pharr
- Queens to Host Met Opera Auditions
- '13 Alumna Bree Stallings's Art to be Displayed on Billboards in Charlotte
- The Dean's Digest - December 2014
- 2014 NSSE Report Ranks Queens Among Top Schools
- Dr. Tama Morris Named Dean of Blair College of Health, Director of PSN
- Byrd's Resilience Earns Her All-American Honors
- Josa to Compete for Team USA in 2015 World University Games
- The Dean's Digest - November 2014