Theater and Dance Wins Notable Awards
The Arts at Queens congratulates the Department of Theater and Dance for winning big at the Metrolina Theater Awards. In the college and university category, last year's production of "Hamlet" took the top prize for Outstanding Production as well as awards for Set Design (Dr. Kara Wooten) and Lighting Design (Professor Cyd Knight). Student Kylie Hanson won Outstanding Lead Actor-Female for multiple roles in the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," a collaboration with the Department of Music. We are very proud of all fifteen nominations Queens received and all who worked to make last year's season a success, especially faculty nominees Professor Jerry Colbert and Dr. Alison Bory and students nominated as actors, directors, designers and technicians: Kevin Aoussou, Nathan Fields, Will Kervick, Rachael Kolodski, Alina Labrador, Brandon Samples and Courtney Turner.
- Katrina Schweitzer '14 embarks on a career helping New Orleans families repair their homes
- Queens' biology and environmental science department to develop eagle migration curriculum
- Queens joins SAGE's Tuition Rewards Program
- Charlotte magazine features Queens' stylish president, Dr. Pamela Davies
- Dr, Burke on Abraham Lincoln
- Dr. Alexa Royden appointed interim Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences and the Cato School of Education
- Queens received #7 ranking in a list of the "45 Top Colleges to Study Abroad"
- Dr. Lynn Morton announced as Queens’ new provost
- Seven Board of Trustees members recognized for their service to Queens
- Queens holds the Inaugural Visionary Women Luncheon