Theater and Dance Wins Notable Awards
The Arts at Queens congratulates the Department of Theater and Dance for winning big at the Metrolina Theater Awards. In the college and university category, last year's production of "Hamlet" took the top prize for Outstanding Production as well as awards for Set Design (Dr. Kara Wooten) and Lighting Design (Professor Cyd Knight). Student Kylie Hanson won Outstanding Lead Actor-Female for multiple roles in the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," a collaboration with the Department of Music. We are very proud of all fifteen nominations Queens received and all who worked to make last year's season a success, especially faculty nominees Professor Jerry Colbert and Dr. Alison Bory and students nominated as actors, directors, designers and technicians: Kevin Aoussou, Nathan Fields, Will Kervick, Rachael Kolodski, Alina Labrador, Brandon Samples and Courtney Turner.
- Queens Music Academy Student Performs at Carnegie Hall
- Cato Students Meet Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts
- Chamber Singers Learn, Perform in NYC
- Queens is a leader in health care education
- McColl School Graduate Students Benefit from Executive Coaching
- Peter Browning and Will Sparks Co-Author "The Director's Manual: A Framework for Board Governance"
- Students Embrace Community Service to Honor Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Cell Biology Students Judge Sedgefield Elementary Science Fair
- Students Create Fairy Tale Reenactments for Spanish-Speaking Preschoolers
- Bart Lundy Leads Men's Basketball to National Ranking