Theater and Dance Wins Notable Awards
The Arts at Queens congratulates the Department of Theater and Dance for winning big at the Metrolina Theater Awards. In the college and university category, last year's production of "Hamlet" took the top prize for Outstanding Production as well as awards for Set Design (Dr. Kara Wooten) and Lighting Design (Professor Cyd Knight). Student Kylie Hanson won Outstanding Lead Actor-Female for multiple roles in the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," a collaboration with the Department of Music. We are very proud of all fifteen nominations Queens received and all who worked to make last year's season a success, especially faculty nominees Professor Jerry Colbert and Dr. Alison Bory and students nominated as actors, directors, designers and technicians: Kevin Aoussou, Nathan Fields, Will Kervick, Rachael Kolodski, Alina Labrador, Brandon Samples and Courtney Turner.
- Dr. Best Co-authors Textbook Chapter
- Queens students and alumni rub elbows with top employers at Schmoozapalooza
- Queens participates in the Washington Model for the Organization of American States
- Queens students organize a community forum to discuss immigration
- Professor Israel's Poem Published in Queens Magazine.
- Dr, Perkins Will Present a Climate Change Paper at Meeting
- Dr. Patrick Connor, Panthers head team physician, gives a behind-the-scenes look at sports medicine
- Dr. Commins Publishes Article
- Multimedia Concert of Bach's Cello Suite
- Professors Mullis and Martin Perform Together