Theater and Dance Wins Notable Awards
The Arts at Queens congratulates the Department of Theater and Dance for winning big at the Metrolina Theater Awards. In the college and university category, last year's production of "Hamlet" took the top prize for Outstanding Production as well as awards for Set Design (Dr. Kara Wooten) and Lighting Design (Professor Cyd Knight). Student Kylie Hanson won Outstanding Lead Actor-Female for multiple roles in the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," a collaboration with the Department of Music. We are very proud of all fifteen nominations Queens received and all who worked to make last year's season a success, especially faculty nominees Professor Jerry Colbert and Dr. Alison Bory and students nominated as actors, directors, designers and technicians: Kevin Aoussou, Nathan Fields, Will Kervick, Rachael Kolodski, Alina Labrador, Brandon Samples and Courtney Turner.
- Queens Collegiate 100 Acknowledged As Best Chapter in U.S.
- Queens Celebrates Banned Book Week
- Dr. John Bennett Writes Article for The Employers Association
- CBJ Features Queens’ Entrepreneur Leadership Circle
- Queens Prepares Community for Election Season
- Queens Helps Repair Charlotte Through Art
- Students Welcome Loved Ones to Family Weekend 2016
- Queens Rallies Together in Time of Need
- Queens Alerts Students of Sexual Misconduct Cases on Campus
- Queens once again makes U.S. News & World Report's Top 25 List