Theater and Dance Wins Notable Awards
The Arts at Queens congratulates the Department of Theater and Dance for winning big at the Metrolina Theater Awards. In the college and university category, last year's production of "Hamlet" took the top prize for Outstanding Production as well as awards for Set Design (Dr. Kara Wooten) and Lighting Design (Professor Cyd Knight). Student Kylie Hanson won Outstanding Lead Actor-Female for multiple roles in the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change," a collaboration with the Department of Music. We are very proud of all fifteen nominations Queens received and all who worked to make last year's season a success, especially faculty nominees Professor Jerry Colbert and Dr. Alison Bory and students nominated as actors, directors, designers and technicians: Kevin Aoussou, Nathan Fields, Will Kervick, Rachael Kolodski, Alina Labrador, Brandon Samples and Courtney Turner.
- The Dean's Digest - October 2014
- Wildacres 2014
- Political Science for Visual People
- Nola the golden girl brightens the Queens community
- Queens students practice interviewing with top Charlotte organizations
- Queens brings acclaimed author, speaker and fundraiser Dan Pallotta to Charlotte
- The Presbyterian School of Nursing holds assembly to discuss Ebola outbreak
- Queens marks 25 years of training the city’s leaders through its executive MBA program
- Dr. Janie Best of the Presbyterian School of Nursing is honored at "The Great 100"
- Fall 2014 English Faculty Reading