Queens launches collegiate triathlon program
Queens is pleased to announce the addition of a collegiate triathlon club starting this fall. This competitive club will be under the leadership of Head Swimming Coach and Director of Aquatics Jeff Dugdale and coordinated by John Long, an All-American, Olympic trial qualifier and Queens school record holder. Long graduated from Auburn University with a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science where he studied high intensity interval training (HIIT) for triathletes. Since then, he has continued to develop his coaching skills by working with Dugdale and SwimMAC CEO and Director of Coaching David Marsh.
Queens chose to pursue the creation of this program after looking at the rise of triathlon interest over the years. Since 2000, the USAT total membership activity has grown nearly 350 percent and approximately 2,000,000 people participate in triathlons annually. Queens plans to pursue USAT membership as well as membership in the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference, a highly competitive conference that includes schools such as Georgetown, Duke, Davidson and UNC-Chapel Hill.
Taylor Knight of the Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference office is pleased about Queens' creation of a triathlon program. "The team members will enjoy a level of institutional support matched only by the nation's most elite programs. We look forward to Queens joining the conference in the near future," said Knight.
Queens' location is ideal for triathletes as they will be able to combine cycling and running circuits in Myers Park with the new, state-of-the-art pool in the Levine Center. The club will also do additional open water training in the region.
For more information, please contact the club directly at email@example.com
- Queens Announces Cherie Swarthout as Director of Athletics
- MFA Residency Welcomes Talented Faculty and Students, Congratulates Graduates
- Students Create Impactful Public Service Announcements
- Queens Celebrates Visionary Women
- Many Individuals Honored at Queens' 2016 Commencement
- Queens Dedicates Campus Spaces to Honor Supportive Donors
- Queens Graduate's Sisters Rally Around Her
- Commencement 2016
- Dr. Michele Shaul Wins the Hunter-Hamilton Love of Teaching Award
- Music Therapy Students Awarded Scholarships